InterContinental San Francisco
Why We Love It
- This AAA 4-Diamond hotel is a solid pick for a modern room and good service
- The Moscone Center is next door and the surrounding SoMA is home to tech headquarters, art galleries and museums
- Facilities include a Michelin-starred restaurant, full-service spa and indoor lap pool
- Prices here can be steep (and Wi-Fi is an additional $14.95 per day) -- upgrade to a Club Level room and it's free
“Reeks of business luxury” -- Zagat
100% (6 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
The InterContinental San Francisco is approximately a 45-minute drive from Oakland International Airport. A taxi is approximately $83 plus tip. A SuperShuttle starts at $27 per person plus tip.
Rooms & Rates
The Intercontinental San Francisco embodies the less-is-more ethos. From the cool blue glass exterior to the stark modern interiors, this hotel exudes upscale yet understated luxury. The facilities are the stuff expense-account dreams are made of with the Michelin-starred Luce on site and Bar 888 featuring more than 100 different varieties of grappa. The hotel’s I Spa offers dozens of body, facial and massage therapies, customized to individual preferences, a full-service gym and indoor lap pool.
Although it might be tempting to remain in this cocoon of indulgence, just outside the hotel doors the culturally rich neighborhood of SoMa beckons. Named for its South of Market Street location, this section of the city is home to many of San Francisco’s museums, art galleries and dot-com-based businesses. Four minutes by foot north of the hotel is the sprawling Moscone Center convention and exhibit hall. Twenty minutes walking east toward the bay is AT&T Park, home to the San Francisco Giants.
- “Reeks of business luxury” -- Zagat
- “Spectacularly light, expansive, thoughtfully laid-out guest rooms” – Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 33 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 61.56 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 200 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.