$144 – Cotswolds stay at 'chic' hotel w/breakfast, save 44%
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Queens Hotel Cheltenham - MGallery is a "relaxingly chic venue" that "presides grandly over the heart of Cheltenham", says The Daily Telegraph. Stays at this 19th-century Neoclassical hotel are now $144, saving up to 44% on regular rates.
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe room, with full English breakfast and late checkout until 4pm (subject to availability), for two
- You can book additional nights for the same price
Why We Love This Hotel
- This Regency property in Cheltenham -- often called the "gateway to the Cotswolds" -- has a great location on the corner of the tree-lined Promenade and Imperial Square and Gardens
- One of the first purpose-built hotels of Europe, opened in 1838, it has welcomed guests including Arthur Conan Doyle and Edward Elgar
- This Neoclassical building is Grade II-listed and retains original features such as a towering Georgian staircase and hand-painted wallpaper designed by Augustus Pugin
- A "relaxing venue with discreetly slick service", it has "stylish" bedrooms and food that "celebrates much of the best of the Cotswolds" (The Daily Telegraph)
The imposing façade of Queens Hotel Cheltenham - MGallery presides elegantly over Imperial Square and Gardens, and the Promenade, a beautifully preserved Regency-era thoroughfare lined by elm and horse-chestnut trees. Since opening July, 1838, the hotel has welcomed illustrious guests including Charles Napier, Arthur Conan Doyle and Edward Elgar.
Behind its Corinthian columns, large windows and carved cornices, a sense of space prevails. Its impressive lobby has a striking tiled floor, sumptuous armchairs and hand-painted wallpaper designed by Augustus Pugin -- the same design can be found in the Houses of Parliament. Other original features at this Grade II-listed property include a towering staircase and a curved wooden bar brought back from India in 1850.
The Napier Restaurant and Orangery uses fresh ingredients from local Cotswolds farms and artisan producers. In fine weather, meals can be taken in the garden. The Gold Cup Bar offers over 40 varieties of gin in an ornate but intimate setting, including one that was created by a local distillery to commemorate the hotel's 180th anniversary.
Bedrooms are spread over three floors and offer climate control, crisp Egyptian cotton linen, fluffy bathrobes and walk-in showers in the bathrooms.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 44% off
$144 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(84 Member Ratings)