Why We Love It
- Landmark hotel within 10-minute walk of Union Square and posh Nob Hill
- Artsy hotel takes its name from Hitchcock’s thriller shot on-site
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Area can be a bit sketchy at night, ask the concierge to call a taxi and use caution after dark
"This property is ideally situated in Nob Hill near shops and restaurants" -- Gayot.com
Rooms & Rates
The legendary Alfred Hitchcock shot scenes for his classic thriller Vertigo on-site and today the hotel still embraces its cinematic history. Starting life as a speakeasy during prohibition, the artsy property was renovated and reopened as Hotel Vertigo in 2008 and plays the movie on loop in the lobby.
Rooms were also updated with plush furniture and whimsical design elements incorporating the film’s theme with signature tangerine and white accents echoing the movie poster, horse-head lamps and the iconic swirl logo along the walls. All accommodations are equipped with free Wi-Fi, mini refrigerators, iPod docking stations and free morning papers.
Complimentary coffee and tea are available in the lobby each morning and the property has a small fitness center. Currently the property is under renovation to add more guest rooms and a restaurant.
The hotel is less than a 10-minute walk from Union Square’s shops, restaurants and museums but the surrounding blocks can be a little dodgy and its best to ask the concierge to call a taxi when heading out after dark. For daytime sightseeing, guests can walk two blocks to light-rail and bus stops.
- "If you’re not into the ornate aesthetic of many Victorian hotels in the area, you’ll appreciate Vertigo’s bold simplicity" -- Frommer’s
- "Rooms here are larger than many in the city" -- Time Out San Francisco
- Infant cots / cribs
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 45.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 250.00 per stay
- Resort fee: USD 17.46 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.