Why We Love It
- "First choice of film stars and presidents" (The Daily Telegraph)
- The location is superb, right beside the Grand Place
- Highly trained staff are faultlessly polite
- This former prison now has super-stylish décor by Olga Polizzi
"Pleasingly unstuffy yet still luxurious" -- The Guardian
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The "first choice of business moguls, film stars and presidents" (The Daily Telegraph) visiting Brussels, the Hotel Amigo is well suited to those willing to splash out for the subtle, stylish luxury on offer. Equally, the location can’t be outdone. It’s peaceful and perfectly placed for sightseeing, set on a little street behind the Grand Place, a UNESCO site and the main square in Brussels.
Rather ironically, the hotel owes its name to its past life as a prison or 'vrunt' (in the local Flemish) in the 1500s. The Spanish rulers at the time took the word to mean 'vriend' or 'amigo', and the name has stuck ever since.
Eschewing a bland look, the Rocco Forte property has locally sourced fittings and fixtures and the understated but characterful décor is courtesy of Forte’s sister, Olga Polizzi. Rooms are large, with marbled bathrooms and quirky pieces such as surreally carved fruit figurines. Of several themed suites, the Tin Tin suite is among the most popular, with original artwork from the Hergé Foundation emphasising the character’s Brussels connection. The Armand Blaton is the royal or presidential suite, with a large rooftop terrace.
Restaurant Bocconi serves a generous breakfast buffet and fine Italian food, in a nod to the Amigo’s Italian ownership. There’s also a stylish bar and lounge at ground level and a relatively basic gym, with no pool but plenty of fitness equipment. Throughout the hotel, "faultlessly polite, besuited staff" (Lonely Planet) are well-trained in anticipating guests’ wishes.
- "Unfussy, coolly stated luxury" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Central and secluded" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "Pleasingly unstuffy yet still luxurious" -- The Guardian
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to 3 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's cot/crib and extra beds available on request in the Deluxe Rooms and higher categories only: free of charge for children under 3, 35€ per night for children aged 3 to 11: Extra bed available on request for adults in the Executive Rooms and higher categories only: 50€ per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: A city tax of 9.28€ per room, per night is included in the total price.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET