El Mangroove, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Guests love that the resort is easy to get to -- it's only 20 minutes from the airport
- Opened in February 2014, it still has that new hotel feel to it
- With only 85 suites, this boutique hotel provides a trendy yet tranquil spot to enjoy the beaches and jungles of Costa Rica
- This Forbes Travel Guide 4-star property offers modern rooms and luxurious touches like walk-in rain showers
"The luxury resort’s vibe is private, serene and undeniably stylish" -- Forbes Travel Guide
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
This 4-star boutique hotel offers a luxurious and trendy abode for those looking to lose themselves in the beauty of Costa Rica's beaches and tropical mangrove forests, after which the hotel is named.
Its modern, airy suites feature clean, neutral colors and contemporary decor, as well as furnishings made to resemble the surrounding mangrove trees, sugarcane and stone. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, large walk-in rain showers, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and patios complete with hammocks.
El Mangroove sits on 17 acres, with 150 metres of beachfront. Guests can spend the day paddleboarding, kayaking or surfing, or rent a bicycle and cruise through the lush grounds. Cool off poolside with music from international DJs, relax in one of the private cabanas, hit the spa or take a free yoga class.
For on-site dining, head to Makoko for elegant, contemporary cuisine in a casual atmosphere, or to Matisse for a relaxed setting with ocean views. For shopping or a night out, the artsy town of Playas del Coco (or El Coco as the locals call it) is just 15 minutes away.
- "More luxurious beach boutique hotel than big beach resort despite its 85 suites, El Mangroove opened in February 2014 and has already become known as THE place to be and be seen." -- Conde Nast Johansens
- "Barefoot luxury abounds at this hip boutique hotel where an airy courtyard leads to a 45-meter pool lined with beach bungalows and modern rooms. Architect Ronald Zurcher integrated stone, sugarcane, and towering Guanacaste trees into the design." -- Fodor's
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 2. Extra beds are not available.
No pets allowed.
A resort fee of $20.00 per room/ per night (subject to tax) applies and is included in the total price shown. The resort fee includes valet parking, Wi-Fi, local calls, bike rentals and kayak rentals.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.