The Drake, a Hilton Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- “Grande Dame” hotel hosted royalty, presidents and movie stars
- Many guest rooms have views of Lake Michigan and Lake Shore Drive
- Hotel’s cocktail lounge dates back to the end of Prohibition
- Princess Diana stayed in Room 550 during her 1996 visit to Chicago
First opened on the Magnificent Mile almost one hundred years ago, the Drake Hotel is considered “the grande dame” of Chicago hotels. Playing host to Queen Elizabeth, Charles Lindbergh and the Clintons, the hotel is no stranger to guests with discerning tastes and all are treated like kings in the property designed after an Italian palace. Harp music drifts from the Palm Court tearoom through the multi-level lobby and crystal chandeliers dance along the high wood-panel ceilings.
The royal treatment continues in guest rooms outfitted with gold silk duvet covers, Grecian-style antique furniture and views of Lake Michigan and Lake Shore Drive. Amenities like free Wi-Fi, daily newspapers and in-house movies make accommodations feel like home while those staying in suites can indulge even more with fruit and chocolate at turndown.
For a formal meal, guests can dine at the Cape Cod Room before a nightcap at Coq d’Or, the cocktail lounge dating back to the end of Prohibition where live music is performed on Fridays and Saturdays. The hotel is within one block of the John Hancock Center and Water Tower Place while Oak Street Beach and Navy Pier are within a 15 minute walk.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 47 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 70 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.