The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center
Why We Love It
- AAA Four Diamond Award recipient since 1999
- Listed among Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Coolest Swim-Up Bars”
- Free parking during cruises and transportation to the cruise terminal
- All rooms include free parking & Wi-Fi; upgraded rooms include free breakfast
"Easily the most sophisticated of all the beachfront properties" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
The beachfront San Luis Resort is reminiscent of an Italian villa on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. Guests are introduced to the property by a long marble staircase cascading alongside a fountain to the lobby washed in soothing corals and creams.
The hotel’s 250 guest rooms include private balconies with Gulf views, iPod docking stations, and Molton Brown bathroom amenities. All room rates include self-parking and Wi-Fi. Higher floors offer larger rooms with separate seating areas, continental breakfast and afternoon snacks, and even adults-only rooms with Prosecco at check-in and breakfast served en suite by a butler.
Home to ten restaurants, the resort has something for everyone but The Steakhouse stands out as one of “Top Ten Texas Steakhouses” by food critics. The tropical outdoor pool, which has its own poolside bar (with daily happy hour specials), was named to Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Coolest Swim-Up Bars” list.
The resort is within a 10-minute drive of the Galveston Cruise Ship Terminal and offers free parking for the duration of a cruise as well as transportation to the cruise terminal.
- "Guests will find luxury on the beach at this high-rise resort hotel on Seawall Boulevard" -- USA Today
- "There's plenty to indulge in at this grand hotel" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 18 and USD 39 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 8.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 20.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 40.00 per week
- Early check-in fee: USD 50.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 150.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 8.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours