Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Why We Love This Hotel
- #2 in the Top 25 hotels in South America (Condé Nast Traveler)
- Spanning a city block, the property consists of two buildings, a restored 1930s-era mansion and a modern 17-story tower
- The hotel has an extensive underground art gallery and an expansive, leafy garden that's one of the city's most attractive outdoor areas
- The Oak Bar is decorated with wood carvings from a 17th-century Normandy castle with a fireplace and outdoor terrace seating
Located in the fashionable Recoleta district of Buenos Aires, the 5-star Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt is one the finest hotels in the city. The property spans a city block and blends the charm of the French Palacio Duhau with contemporary design and decor. Its two buildings, a restored 1930s-era mansion and a 17-story tower, are connected by an underground art gallery and an expansive, leafy garden that's one of the city's most attractive outdoor areas.
Guests can choose from the restored palace rooms or modern posada rooms. Palace rooms have Persian carpets, silk curtains, and crystal chandeliers, while posada rooms are decorated in neutral tones with black-and-white photos of Buenos Aires. Deluxe King Rooms have panoramic city views and separate soaking tubs and rain showers. Garden View rooms offer more peace and quiet.
The hotel has a number of luxurious amenities. There are two on-site restaurants featuring classic Argentinean food and modern Italian cuisine with terrace seating and a salon for afternoon tea. The Vinoteca is a cozy bar featuring 3,500 bottles of wine and an extensive cheese selection. The Oak Bar is decorated with wood carvings from a 17th-century Normandy Castle with a fireplace and outdoor seating. Unwind at the Ahin Spawith five suites offering holistic beauty treatments or take a dip in the city's largest indoor pool. According to Travel + Leisure, "the health club, restaurants, and bars are terrific.”
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per day
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 80 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The 21% national VAT (value-added tax) is not included in the price, and will be charged at the property upon check-out for all citizens of Argentina. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.