Thurnham Hall by Diamond Resorts
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- This 12th-century country house is set on a 30-acre estate
- It's a 15-minute drive south of Lancaster
- The leisure centre features an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a gym & a beauty salon
- The apartments sleep 2-6 people & all feature fully equipped kitchens
Set on a 30-acre estate near Lancaster, Thurnham Hall is a 12th-century country house with a stunning Jacobean hall and a 19th-century chapel.
The resort is located in Thurnham village, a 15-minute drive south of Lancaster, and is surrounded by Lancashire's rolling hills, moors and canals. Lancaster's top attractions include a medieval castle, a 19th-century cathedral and the 54-acre Williamson Park, which has views of the Lake District and the Fylde coastline.
Original features in the Jacobean hall include a magnificent Tudor fireplace, Elizabethan friezes and oak panelling. The resort has a leisure centre with a swimming pool, a sauna, a gym and a beauty salon. Lunch and dinner are served in the traditional restaurant and the bar is located in the wood-panelled hall.
The 60 self-catering apartments are split between the main house and a series of stone outbuildings. They sleep between two and six people in studios, and 1- and 2-bedroom apartments. All feature a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, a microwave, a kettle and a dishwasher.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for one child per room up to the age of 2.
There are no extra beds available. Extra guests stay free when using existing beds and bedding.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
* There will be no food service on Monday or Tuesdays, the restaurant will be open from Wednesday to Sunday until further notice.
* All bookings of 5 rooms or more are subject to the property’s group booking conditions.
* Full payment for standard rate/flexible rate group bookings must be made 30 days prior to the arrival date and the credit/debit card taken at the time of booking will be charged accordingly. No cancellations or refunds are permitted once payment has been made.
* The property reserves the right to refuse check in or terminate your stay where any guest(s) is displaying anti-social behaviour. Due to the nature of the property, the property is not suitable or recommended for stag, hen or similar parties.
* The property requires a valid credit card to charge a refundable security deposit of £100 per apartment upon check in. Your deposit will be refunded at the end of your stay upon inspection of your apartment(s) however please note the funds will only appear in your account once processed by your financial institution.
* Upon check in all guests occupying the unit including children are required to present a valid form of identification along with the confirmation of your reservation.
* Check in is after 4:00 pm and checkout is prior to 10:00 am.
* Children under 18 are not permitted to stay in the accommodation unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. All under 18’s are included in the occupancy level for your apartment. Under no circumstances must the maximum occupancy level be exceeded.
* If you intend to arrive later than midnight on your arrival date please notify the resort as soon as possible. Additional fees apply for the use of certain resort facilities. The number of WiFi devices varies depending on room type.
* Special requests for accessibility requirements, specific apartment locations and views cannot be guaranteed.
* The resort operates an on-going refurbishment programme to improve the accommodation, facilities and common areas. Refurbishments or building work may be taking place throughout the year. While the hotel/resort endeavours to keep noise and disruption to a minimum, there may be some disturbance to our guests.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(15 Member Ratings)