Billini Hotel, Historic Luxury
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- A contemporary retreat within the UNESCO-listed colonial zone, with free valet parking and Wi-Fi
- A rooftop deck, pool and bar has stunning views of the neighboring centuries-old church
- Clean and contemporary rooms have B&O radios and touchscreens for ordering things, along with patios and the occasional ancient relic
- This neighborhood was one of the first settlements in the New World, a great bookend to the typical beach vacation
Many travelers to the Dominican Republic are heading straight to the beach, often a huge all-inclusive resort. The 24-room Billini Hotel is the opposite of this experience, but is no less appealing or rewarding because of it. The hotel sits in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo, founded in 1498 and one of the first settlements in the New World. Consequently, the neighborhood's filled with historic treasures, landmarked churches, and atmospheric streets that feel lifted from Spain.
Formerly a convent, the building received a thorough refurbishment on its way to becoming a hotel. Now the interiors are clean-lined and calmingly neutral, in almost a Nordic way. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, Bang & Olufsen radios, and a private patio, and spacious bathrooms with rainfall showers.
Many past guests cite the hotel's rooftop as one of their favorite floors -- it has a pool and bar, and beautiful views of the surrounding colonial neighborhood. There's also a dining terrace with views of the neighboring 500-year-old cathedral.
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Public car park
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 25 for adults and USD 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Early check-in fee: USD 50 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50.00 (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.