Magnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Why We Love It
- Freebies include Wi-Fi, shoe shine, breakfast, evening reception and bedtime milk and cookies
- This historic downtown landmark offers up funky, modern decor, attracting both couples and families
- Home to the only rooftop pool in the city
- A 24-hour fitness center has lots of up-to-date equipment
Rooms & Rates
Housed in what was originally the corporate headquarters for Shell Oil Company, the landmark Magnolia Hotel Houston has history to spare. With an awesome downtown location, guests will find themselves within 10 minutes' walking distance to Minute Maid Park, the Houston Ballet, Verizon Wireless Theater and tons of restaurants, bars and boutiques.
Rooms are big, stylish and super comfortable, with chic marble bathrooms equipped with soaker tubs and huge showers. Freebies abound: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, shoe shines, evening reception, and bedtime milk and cookies, which kids get a kick out of.
It's the kind of property at which some guests will expect a spa and be disappointed when there isn't one; however, the rooftop pool is beautiful, with amazing views of the city, and a 24-hour fitness center has modern equipment.
- "A modern boutique hotel in an excellent downtown location" -- Rough Guide
- "Bedding and linens are amazing, some of the best we've experienced" -- Fodor's
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 33 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(13 Member Ratings)