Hôtel Villa d'Est
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is a 20-minute walk from Strasbourg's Grande Île -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site with crooked pastel-painted timber-framed buildings
- You can visit the Christmas market from 25 November-31 December, or go in January-February for a quieter experience
- La Petite France, a waterfront district where millers & tanners plied their trade in the Middle Ages, is within walking distance
Hotel Villa d'Est is a small hotel in Strasbourg, 20 minutes' walk from the historic centre, where you'll find the city's Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame and the 15th-century Maison Kammerzell.
Visit the Grande Île -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site bordered by the River Ill on one side and a canal on the other. The narrow streets are lined with crooked timber-framed buildings, painted in pastel colours. Lonely Planet recommends visiting after dark, when the alleys are lit by lanterns and are "at their most atmospheric".
Just across the water lies La Petite France, a canal-side district where millers and tanners plied their trades in the Middle Ages. Strasbourg's EU institutions, including the landmark European Court of Human Rights building and the European Parliament, are a 10-minute drive from the hotel, and the Gare de Strasbourg, the city's main train station, is around 15 minutes' walk away.
The hotel has a small gym and relaxation area with a Finnish sauna and a shower, which is available for private use (appointment required, fees apply). The hotel's bar serves a selection of red and white Alsace wines, and there's a lounge and a terrace. Room service is available around the clock.
The 46 individually decorated rooms have free Wi-Fi.
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 15 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 15 per night
- Extended parking fee: EUR 15 per night
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 0.50 per hour
- Pet deposit: EUR 20.00 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50 (subject to availability)
- A fee will be charged for use of certain facilities
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.45 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.