Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Why We Love It
- The hotel's prism-like glass design has an "understated elegance" (Travel + Leisure)
- The Michelin-recommended Cafe des Architectes features "sophisticated New French cuisine" (Zagat)
- Rooms are filled with natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the city skyline
"A wonder of modern architecture" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Sleek European roots and innovative architecture greet you with a "Bonjour!" at Sofitel's 4.5-star North American flagship property, set on the edge of Chicago's Gold Coast near the Mag Mile. Even though the hotel soars 32 floors above street level, it maintains an intimate, boutique-like feel with only 16 rooms per floor.
Rooms are minimalist in design with a European feel, including plush white bedding, two different kinds of power outlets for international travelers and luxe marble bathrooms that include a separate shower and tub and Lanvin bath amenities. Upgrade to Superior or Luxury rooms to stay on a higher floor, which means better views.
Guests can sit down to Michelin-recommended dining at the on-site Café des Architectes, or sample cocktails from Le Bar's specialty martini list while kicking back in the lounge's comfy, "den-like" setting (Fodor's). The hotel is also within three blocks of Rush Street nightclubs, Oak Street shopping, the Hancock Center and prime Lake Michigan beachfront.
- One of the the Best Luxury Hotels in Chicago -- Oyster.com
- "At the contemporary, sleek Sofitel Chicago, you'll feel embedded in the city in the best of ways" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "Sophisticated but comfortable ... throughout the hotel, service is on point" -- The Telegraph
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Parking Self parking available offsite
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra beds are not available.
Dogs are allowed on request (under 30lbs). Dogs may not be left alone in the room. Cleaning fees may be charged and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
An Amenity Fee of $12.00 (subject to tax) per night applies and includes domestic phone calls, high speed WiFi, newspapers and coffee and pastry in the morning. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
The hotel offers Valet Parking (with in and out privileges) for $72.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
(143 Member Ratings)