Why We Love It
- Modern interiors fill the inside of a stately, neo-classical, 19th-century former bank
- The CAA 4-Diamond property is set right in Old Town, originally settled more than 400 years ago
- TripAdvisor ranks the hotel’s Italian restaurant in the top 2% of all dining in the city
- About two blocks from Place Royale, and free loaner bikes for exploring farther
- All guests receive complimentary continental breakast and Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
"Boutique experience par excellence" -- Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
Quebec City rises on a mount overlooking the St. Lawrence River, still defended by ramparts erected over the past four centuries. The Old Quebec neighbourhood preserves streets and streets of historic buildings, including a neo-classical landmark that now houses the thoroughly modern comforts of the CAA 4-Diamond Hotel 71.
Rooms have soaring 16-foot-high ceilings and windows that are nearly as tall, looking out at the coursing river or the cobble of mismatched rooftops of this historic district. Platform beds float over hardwood floors, near a mini refrigerator and a Nespresso single-serve coffee brewer. Bathrooms have glass-walled rainfall showers with cool slate tiles. Wi-Fi is complimentary throughout the premises.
The hotel’s Italian restaurant and bar, Il Matto, is consistently ranked one of the top eateries in the city. Frommer’s says it’s “a recipe that's proving to work well amongst the young and aspirational crowd of Québec City.” The hotel loans out bikes for leisurely cycles through the atmospheric quarter, past art galleries and old-world bakeries. Visitors are about two blocks from the Place Royale, the medieval square that anchors the district.
- “[The restaurant Il Matto is] a trendy, contemporary setting that serves Italian classics just like Mama makes them” -- Frommer’s
- “Guest rooms with 12-foot-high ceilings and stunning views of Old Québec” -- Fodor’s
- “Hôtel 71 provides the boutique experience par excellence. Rooms are sleek, with a minimalist design, while not stinting on comfort” -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Children and additional guests:
Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 2. Additional charges for children:ages 5 and under are free; ages 6-17 years old are CA$20; 18+ years old are CA$25. Extra bed or child’s cot available on request and in Superior Rooms and Suites only: CA$15 per night for children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: City tax not included in the final price: 3% per room, per stay will apply on checkout and is payable directly at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Gratuities are not included with continental breakfast. It is customary to leave a tip for good service.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.