Cotton House Hotel, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Brand-new hotel opened in 2015, in the former headquarters of Barcelona's cotton manufacturers
- In the Eíxample district, within walking distance of the Gothic Quarter, La Rambla & Passeíg de Gràcia
- Stunning interiors, a rooftop pool, & year-round terrace for al fresco drinks & nibbles
- Rooms have huge beds, free Wi-Fi & Nespresso coffee machines
"Stunning" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Although it only opened in February 2015, Cotton House Hotel "is fast becoming THE place to stay in Barcelona" (Daily Mail). The mansion dates back to the 19th century and was once the headquarters of the city's cotton manufacturing association.
You'll be in an excellent location in Eíxample, near the Passeíg de Gràcia, Gaudí landmarks La Pedrera and Casa Batlló, and a short walk from the Gothic Quarter and La Rambla. But the real pull here is the hotel's interior. There are nods to the hotel's history throughout -- high ceilings, parquet flooring and an impressive 6-storey spiral staircase, as well as cotton plants and related artwork. There's also the L'Atelier room, where guests can be measured for suits and shirts by tailors from Barcelona's luxury fashion emporium, Santa Eulalia.
The restaurant serves gourmet Catalan fare, while a varied buffet breakfast is also served here in the morning. There's a small rooftop pool and a year-round garden terrace with heaters to keep guests warm in cooler weather. There's also a small gym on site and guests can use the Mayan Spa next door.
Rooms are named after different types of cotton (Egyptian, Panama, Madras…), and are dominated by huge beds with high-thread-count cotton bedlinen (what else?). Some have small balconies. Wi-Fi is free and all rooms come with Nespresso machines, and robes and slippers.
- "The service purrs with efficiency" -- Daily Mail
- "It's a fabulously ostentatious spot" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "[There's] a real sense of having landed in the bosom of the beau monde" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between EUR 25.00 and EUR 25.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 35.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR 35.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.25 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.