Hotel Plaza Colon
Why We Love It
- The hotel is a restored colonial mansion surrounded by sights, including a cathedral and the city hall
- TripAdvisor users rate the hotel 5 stars, citing the excellent service, comfortable rooms, great location and tasty included breakfast
- A courtyard with fountains and gardens offers travelers a “welcome retreat” from the lively city (Budget Travel)
- The 27 spacious rooms are attractively furnished and include air conditioning and free Wi-Fi
"A beautiful property with excellent service" -- Travel Weekly
Rooms & Rates
Hotel Plaza Colon is rated 5 stars from TripAdvisor users and occupies an ideal spot within Granada’s historic center, steps from the city’s most prized colonial architecture and convenient to many other attractions. Its 27 rooms are large, bright, clean, furnished in dark wood and equipped with free Wi-Fi and air conditioning. For views of Parque Central -- a lively central square bustling with food vendors, birds, musicians and tourists in horse-drawn carriages -- book one of the six street-facing balcony rooms.
Although there is no full-service restaurant on site, the hotel serves breakfast and is next to a sidewalk café and wine bar and across from sit-down restaurants, pizza parlors, tequila bars and gelato counters. The boutique hotel is owned and operated by Nicaraguans in partnership with the Rainforest Alliance, which ensures a commitment to buying only local produce, employing local tradesmen, recycling and supporting community projects.
- "Travelers … will love the Hotel Plaza Colon, which overlooks the central plaza and consistently receives high ratings" -- USA Today
- "A beautiful property with a courtyard swimming pool and excellent service" -- Travel Weekly
- "A restored colonial mansion that gives off an immediate sense of elegance and calm. The courtyards, gardens, and fountains make a welcome retreat from bustling Parque Central" -- Budget Travel
- "Granada is a delightful surprise ... a prosperous, conservative city, benefiting greatly from a surge in tourism and property development" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Charge for child's breakfast is $5.00 + tax (when using existing bedding).
Crib available on request and in the Queen/King Superior or Double Superior rooms only; free of charge for children up to 2 years old.
Extra bed available on request and in the Queen/King Superior or Double Superior rooms only: $20 per night + tax and includes breakfast.
Extra adult charge is $15 + tax per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Passport required at check-in. Only hotel guests allowed in the rooms.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.