Mortons House Hotel
Why We Love It
- Grade II-listed Elizabethan manor house on the Isle of Purbeck with a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
- The hotel has views of nearby Corfe Castle, "one of England's most impressive castles" (Rough Guides)
- Corfe Castle is on the 12-mile Purbeck Way walking route, which stretches between Wareham & Ballard Down
- It's a short drive from the Jurassic Coast & 30 minutes from Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove
83% (6 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set on the Isle of Purbeck in the Dorset countryside, Mortons House Hotel is an Elizabethan manor house with stone gables and excellent views of Corfe Castle. The Grade II-listed property dates back to 1590 and retains many period features, including oak beams and panelled walls.
The hotel is surrounded by quaint stone cottages in the village of Corfe Castle and Swanage Railway's heritage steam trains run right past the hotel's garden on their way to Swanage. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the ruins of Corfe Castle, named one of the 15 Most Impressive Castles in England by Rough Guides. This Norman castle is now managed by the National Trust and is open 10am-4pm, November-February (10am-5pm in October). The hotel is 15 minutes' drive from the Jurassic Coast, a 95-mile-long UNESCO World Heritage site that is "flecked with sea-carved bays, crumbly cliffs and beaches loaded with fossilised souvenirs" (Lonely Planet). Poole, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, are half an hour’s drive away.
The hotel's 2-AA-Rosette restaurant is big on local produce. The menu mixes traditional British food with East Asian touches, and the same dishes are served in the less formal bistro. Meals can be taken by the log fire in the Oak Room during winter or on the terrace in warm weather. Afternoon tea is offered from 10am-5pm, and bar food is also available throughout the day.
Bedrooms are traditional and have brass beds decorated in brocade fabrics. Rooms are in the manor or in an annex in the walled garden, and some have views of Corfe Castle. Wi-Fi is free in the main building.
- "This is a place to break open the Bollinger: a romantic, luxurious 16th-century, minibaronial pile" -- Lonely Planet
- "Set in delightful gardens and grounds with excellent views of Corfe Castle, this impressive building dates back to Tudor times" -- The AA Hotel Guide
- The dishes showcase "tight technique and prime materials of obvious quality" -- The AA Restaurant Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed available on request for children aged 3 and under: £25 per night. This includes breakfast. Charges will be added to your bill.
No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(6 Member Reviews)