Dalvay by the Sea Hotel
Why We Love It
- Dalvay by the Sea Hotel portrayed the White Sands Hotel in Anne of Green Gables and Road to Avonlea and is a fixture in these Canadiana classics
- Keeping with the historical period, guest rooms are furnished with antiques and limited technology (no TVs or phones); there is free wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Partake in island activities like bike rides and hikes by the sea, and strolling the red sand beaches
- Esteemed past guests include Prince William and Kate Middleton
"A lovely period look" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
For many travellers, Prince Edward Island beckons as the iconic setting for Canadian classics like Road to Avonlea and Anne of Green Gables. Guests can immerse themselves in history with a stay at the historic Dalvay by the Sea Hotel, featured as The White Sands Hotel in each of these works.
Guest rooms keep the authenticity of that era alive with antique furnishings and no telephones or televisions, but cleanliness and quality are still priorities. That said, Wi-Fi is available throughout the property for guests who want to stay in touch with the modern world. Rent a cottage to kick back on a private porch while listening to the ocean surf.
This seasonal resort offers the chance to partake in a range of outdoor activities, from quaint to adventurous, including biking and hiking, seaside drives and hikes. Golfing and fishing are available in the area. Or, sit and read by the fireplace in the old time atmosphere of the lobby. The hotel has served members of the royal family, and its on-site restaurant attracts guests from across the island.
- "This intimate resort (it has fewer than 35 rooms and cottages total) is on a quiet stretch of beach. The Tudor mansion was built by a business partner of John D. Rockefeller, and the woodwork alone is enough to keep you entertained during your stay" -- Frommer's
- "Dalvay prides itself on providing royal treatment, too: it hosted Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge when they visited PEI on their first official trip together in the summer of 2011" -- Fodor's
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 6.00 and CAD 17.00 for adults, CAD 6.00 and CAD 17.00 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: CAD 10.00 per accommodation, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 10.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 15.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The property is closed between 01 October and 15 May.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.