$222 & up – York getaway with dinner & extras, save 49%
Save up to 49% on overnight breaks for two at a Grade II-listed Regency townhouse in York. This package from The Grange Hotel includes:
- Accommodation in a Standard Double or Twin Room, with full English breakfast
- A 3-course set-menu dinner each (worth $57 per person)
- Late checkout until 12:30pm (worth $45)
- Admission for two to York's Chocolate Story (worth $22 per person)
- It's $30 extra to stay in a Premier Room
- You can book extra nights from $104
- Saturday nights are an extra £100 -- subject to a 2-night minimum stay
"Attention to detail is hard to beat" -- Red Magazine
Why We Love It
- This hotel has an excellent location -- it's a 5-minute walk from the city walls
- The Grade-II listed Regency townhouse has character throughout
- There's a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant on site
- York Minster -- one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in the world -- is 10 minutes' walk from the property
With an imposing façade, soaring staircases and Chesterfield armchairs, York's Grange Hotel is full of character and flourishes reminiscent of a bygone era. The Grade-II listed property dates back to 1829 and is only a 5-minute walk from the city walls. The Daily Telegraph says it’s a "pretty unbeatable" location.
Local attractions such as York Minster cathedral, the National Railway Museum, Clifford's Tower and the Jorvik Viking Centre are all within a 20-minute walk. York's Chocolate Story is also a 10-minute drive away. Here visitors will discover the part chocolate played in York's history during a fully guided tour.
Further afield, the impressive Castle Howard house and estate is a 35-minute drive, while the North York Moors National Park and the seaside town of Scarborough are just over an hour away.
The hotel's Ivy Restaurant has two AA Rosettes and offers "fine dining in a lavishly decorated environment" (The AA Hotel Guide 2018). The restaurant, which serves classic food with a French influence, is in the cellars of the hotel.
- "Fine dining in a lavishly decorated environment" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2018
- "One of York’s most peaceful resting spots" -- Red Magazine
- "For a well-located hotel with fine food and charm, The Grange is good value for money" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Everything is immaculately presented" -- The Good Hotel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £25 per night per child aged 11 and under, £10 per night for children aged 2 and under. This includes breakfast. Extra beds are not available for older children and adults.
Extra beds and cots are on request and must be requested upon booking. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £20 per night. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Car parking is subject to availability and must be booked as soon as possible prior to arrival. Please contact the hotel directly to confirm availability. A& charge of £10 per car, per night applies. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Up to 49% off
$222 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Mon & Thu until 31 Jul; +$24 Tue-Wed & Fri
Getting ThereYork railway station is a 10-minute drive or 15-minute walk. There is limited parking on site, which must be pre booked and costs £10 per car, per night.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(5 Member Ratings)