Why We Love It
- "Nothing short of magnificent", says Red
- Grade I-listed former hunting lodge dating back to 1550
- Just 40 minutes from London
- There's a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant on-site
"Nothing short of magnificent" -- Red
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The stately Great Fosters hotel is set in a quiet pocket of Surrey and was thought to have been built as a royal hunting lodge for Henry VIII. The Elizabethan manor house has a 50-acre estate with manicured hedges, rose gardens and a lake, plus an award-winning restaurant. Easy Living magazine describes it as a “destination for serious foodies” and Red agrees, calling it "nothing short of magnificent".
The grand property has maintained its period featuresincluding a Jacobean fireplace, mullioned windows, and rich oak panelling. The Estate Grill has received 2-AA-Rosettes and showcases regional produce -- the chickens come from Essex, the lamb hails from Cumbria, and the pigs are reared on the hotel's grounds itself.
For more relaxed dining, the Tudor Room serves modern English food in a lavish dining room with silk-lined walls and a 17th-century tapestry. There is also a cocktail bar that overlooks the Japanese bridge in the gardens.
Rooms are spread across three buildings -- The Main House (dating from 1550) offers historic suites and bedrooms while The Cloisters & Coach House are contemporary in design. All are individually decorated. Upgrade to the Tapestry room in the Main House for a real treat -- it has a 4-poster bed, massive tub and lovely views of the property.
Other highlights include four secret gardens, a grassed amphitheatre, a heated outdoor pool, a tennis court and a croquet lawn. London, the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, Windsor Castle and Hampton Court palace are all within easy reach.
- It is "magnificently well preserved, with original features abounding both inside and out" -- The AA Restaurant Guide
- "Spectacular gardens add much to the dining experience at this stunning and historic Elizabethan mansion" -- Hardens
- "The stables and cloisters provide particularly stylish and luxurious accommodation" -- The AA Hotel Guide
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 19.5 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 45.00 per vehicle (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: GBP 45.00 (one-way), (up to 12 years old)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 15 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 35 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(51 Member Ratings)