$209 – 2-night Winchester escape with meals & more, 50% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Save up to 50% on a mini break in Winchester, England's ancient capital and the former seat of King Alfred the Great. Two-night stays at the Winchester Royal Hotel, a Grade II-listed property less than five minutes' walk from the cathedral, are now $209.
- Two nights' acommodation in a Standard Double room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- 2-course dinner (worth $31 per person; once per stay but can be taken on either night, and there is a £6 supplement for steak and a £2 per person supplement for cheese, payable direct)
- Cream tea on arrival (worth $10 per person)
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth $33)
- It's $135 for an overnight stay with breakfast, a 2-course dinner and late checkout
- Stay in a Garden View room for an extra $14 per night
- Fridays are an extra $27 in October and November and an extra $41 in December
- Saturdays are an extra $27 in October and an extra $41 in November and December
Why We Love This Hotel
- This 16th-century hotel has a walled garden and is in the centre of Winchester
- The Garden Restaurant, housed in a conservatory, serves a wide selection of local cheeses cheeses, and is praised by The Daily Telegraph for its "largely homemade and absolutely delicious" food
- Winchester Cathedral and the local shops are within a 5-minute walk
- Jane Austen's House Museum is a 25-minute drive away
With its medieval architecture, magnificent cathedral and nearby South Downs countryside, Winchester is a great destination for a mini break. The Winchester Royal Hotel is in the centre of town and is the only hotel in the city that has a walled garden -- nicknamed the "secret garden" by locals.
Originally a private house, the property then became a bishop's residence and later a convent, and has been a hotel for the past 150 years. The Garden Restaurant, which overlooks the walled garden and terrace, serves modern European dishes and has a large collection of local cheeses.The Daily Telegraph praises its "largely homemade and absolutely delicious" food.
From the hotel, The Great Hall, an atmospheric 13th-century hall featuring a medieval round table said to be linked to King Arthur, is less than 10 minutes' walk away, while Winchester Cathedral and the high street are five minutes' away.
We recommend a stroll alongside the River Itchen from the National Trust-owned Winchester City Mill to College Street, where you can see Winchester College and the house Jane Austen lived in for the last few months of her life.
Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium is a 15-minute drive away.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Car park fee: £10 per night.
Limited space available, first come-first served basis.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 50%
$105 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(325 Member Ratings)