$248 & up – 2-night Dartmoor break with dinner, 51% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Mini breaks at a 15th-century former mill on the edge of Dartmoor National Park now start at $248. This 2-night stay at Mill End Hotel saves up to 51% on the usual cost.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard King Room (split between the main house and the annex), with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A 5-course tasting-menu dinner with amuse-bouches, coffee and petits fours on the first night (worth $96 per person)
- It's an extra $28 per night for a Superior Double Room and an extra $55 per night for a Junior Suite (split between the main house and the annex)
- It's an extra $7 per night to stay in October and an extra $14 per night to stay in September
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra $28 per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- This 15th-century former mill is set on the banks of Devon's River Teign and features a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
- It's on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and has plenty of scenic walking routes nearby
- Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay describes it as "a country-house hotel wrapped up in Dartmoor's northern hills where dogs are welcome, the food is delicious, and the walking is divine"
Mill End Hotel is a "secluded country house hideaway" (The AA Hotel Guide 2019) on the banks of the River Teign in rugged Dartmoor National Park.
The hotel is housed in a 15th-century former mill building that features a restored 18-foot waterwheel that's powered by an aqueduct.
The 2-AA-Rosette restaurant uses fish from the Cornish coast and locally reared Devon meat. All bottled water is produced in house, using a 7-stage filtration and purification system. Breakfast includes a continental buffet and hot dishes cooked to order.
The small bar is a nice spot for pre-dinner drinks, or you can sample a traditional Devonshire cream tea in the gardens or in one of the lounges.
Keen anglers can fish (supplements apply) the hotel's private stretch of the River Teign. Well-behaved dogs are allowed in some rooms for an extra £8 per dog, per night (check with the hotel in advance). Rooms are split between the main house and the annex.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 2:30pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 and under.
Extra bedding not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Breakfast is included.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 3 to 15: £20 per night.
Pets are allowed on request and in some rooms only, and will be charged at £8 per pet, per night. Please contact the hotel directly upon booking.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 51% off
$124 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(86 Member Ratings)