$259 – Coastal California 4-Star Getaway, 60% Off
Save 60% while kicking back in a plush room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi at this 4-star hotel located just one block from the sea.
- What's included:
- $259 per night ... select dates through Dec. 20
- Tastings at three local wineries ($78 value)
- Bottle of sparkling wine ($33 value)
- Box of chocolates ($12 value)
- Snack basket ($18 value)
- All guests receive breakfast croissants with juice/coffee, noontime snack featuring nachos and imported beers, evening local wine reception with appetizers and fresh pie at night
- Avila La Fonda Hotel is an adults-only property
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
"No. 1 of 5 hotels in Avila Beach" -- TripAdvisor
Why We Love It
- Filled with character, transporting guests to a 19th-century Mexican village
- All rooms have a two-person Jacuzzi, free Wi-Fi and fireplace
- Member-favorite hotel -- more than 95% of visitors say they love it
- Set a block from the sand
With intricate stained glass windows, tiled floors and designs inspired by traditional Spanish and Mexican architecture, Avila La Fonda Hotel transports guests to a 19th-century Mexican village with charm at every turn.
Although the hotel does not feature a pool, walk just 50 steps to Avila Beach, which, according to Fodor's, gets "more sun and less fog than any other stretch of coast in the area." Be sure to take advantage of the beach chairs offered for easy relaxation on the sand. Guests can also take a dip in the Jacuzzi tubs -- big enough for two -- available in all rooms. After a soak, cozy up in front of the fireplace and nibble on snacks from the complimentary welcome basket with assorted snacks, water and beverages.
Continue to indulge in countless culinary delights throughout the stay. Start each day right with gourmet coffee and chocolate croissants in the morning. Freshly baked pie from locally renowned Avila Valley Barn is served every evening from 8-10pm, while appetizers, hors d'oeuvres, two varities of wine from a local winery each month, and scrumptious desserts are offered at the wine reception held every evening from 5pm-6:30pm. Be sure to leave some room for the nacho bar held daily from 12-2pm, accompanied by beer and fresh local salsa. Last but not least, visit the Chocolate Pantry, which sells assorted snacks and beverages 24 hours a day.
- "Surrounds guests with rich jewel tones, fountains, and upscale comfort" -- Fodor's
- "High end accommodations steps away from the Pacific Ocean" -- U.S. News Travel
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Adults only property. Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a $50 (subject to tax) nonrefundable fee on checkout. If you are traveling with a pet, please contact the hotel for additional information and pet room availability.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$259 / night
When You Can Go
Select dates through Dec. 20
Getting ThereAvila La Fonda Hotel is about a 15-minute drive from San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport. Taxi fare from the airport costs approximately $40.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(189 Member Ratings)