St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
Why We Love It
- There are 4 restaurants, including the Michelin-starred Quilon
- Buckingham Palace & Westminster Abbey are within a 10-minute walk
- It first opened its doors as a hotel in 1902 & was a meeting place for politicians including Winston Churchill
- Hotel guests get free use of the sauna, steam room & gym
"Aristocratically grand central London excellence" -- Condé Nast Johansens
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
At just a 6-minute walk from Buckingham Palace, St. James' Court can practically count the Queen as a neighbour. After a stay at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, one could say one has dined at a Michelin-starred restaurant and tried edible gold.
This 4-star hotel is on Buckingham Palace Road; a short walk from Westminster Cathedral, the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben. The nearest Tube stops are Victoria and St James's Park, on the Victoria, District and Circle lines.
There are four restaurants, including the Michelin-Starred Quilon, which serves South West Indian coastal cuisine. Bank restaurant is in the conservatory, with floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook St. James's Courtyard, and offers British seasonal dishes. Bistro and Kona serve a mixture of European food. There are three bars, Zander Bar in the Bank restaurant, The Hamptons Bar for cocktails and The Cellar Room, which stocks seven types of Laurent-Perrier champagne.
Splash out and try the 24-Karat Gold Champagne Afternoon Tea, served every day at Kona from 12-5:30pm, which includes half a bottle of Luxor Gold Leaf Champagne and treats made with edible gold (reservations must be made 24 hours in advance).
In the summer you can eat outside on St. James' Courtyard, which was named by Harper's Bazaar as one of London's Best Alfresco Bars, calling it "the perfect place for a mid-afternoon cocktail away from the hustle and bustle". Look out for scenes from Shakespeare's plays carved into the red-brick walls.
Spa treatments are available in the Wellness Centre (charges apply) and guests can use the sauna, steam room and gym free of charge.
Bedrooms range from 22 square metres for single rooms to 72 square metres for the grand Classic Master Suite.
Children are well looked after -- on arrival each child gets a Kids @ Taj amenity bag, with a Taj passport, a sketch book and hotel postcards. Families are given a themed London activity book, highlighting family-friendly attractions.
- "St. James' Court in central London is the epitome of English sophistication" -- Condé Nast Johansens
- "This Elizabethan masterpiece is dripping with class and quality" -- Manchester Evening News
- "You'd be hard pressed to find a more tranquil outdoor drinking spot than St. James' Court at the Taj Hotel" -- Harper's Bazaar
- "Sense of occasion doesn't tip over into stiffness at Taj Hotels' SW1 outpost, St. James' Court -- Square Meal
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children aged 3 and under, in Classic King Rooms and above. Extra bed available on request, in the Classic King Rooms and above, for older children and adults: £35 per night.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.