$99-$129 – Landmark Lord Nelson Hotel w/Drinks & Perks, up to 45% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
With sights like the Halifax Public Gardens and Citadel Hill within walking distance, this landmark hotel is an ideal base from which to explore a city that "has natural beauty and fresh seafood in spades" (Conde Nast Traveller).
Travelzoo members stay in an upgraded suite with this offer that also includes a welcome drink and discounted parking on stays through May.
"Spacious and elegant" — Rough Guide
- Accommodations in an upgraded Executive Suite King:
- $99 per night ... through April 30
- $129 per night ... from May 1-31
- A welcome drink per person; choice of soft drink, house beer or wine ($16 value)
- Discounted daily parking for $20 plus tax (reg. $28 plus tax)
- Late checkout at 2 p.m., subject to availability
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel’s enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made 48 hours before arrival
- Please check provincial and local advisories before making travel arrangements
- Note: Due to local and provincial guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
- Price based on a maximum of two adults sharing a room; children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $20 (plus tax) with this offer
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more information see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This historic 1928 hotel has an ornate lobby with updated suites and amenities
- Steps from Spring Garden Road and the Halifax Central Library
- The city's Public Gardens are across the street, and some rooms have views of the Victorian fountains, manicured gardens and tropical plants
- Guest rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites has been one of Atlantic Canada's most iconic hotels since it first opened its doors in 1928. The Halifax landmark recently completed a multi-million-dollar renovation to meld modern conveniences with its historic charm.
With its prime downtown location, you'll have shops and restaurants at your door, and the five-story Halifax Central Library is just a few minutes' walk from the hotel. Browse the art displayed in the Sunroom exhibit space or, if natural beauty is more to your liking, meander over to the Halifax Public Gardens, located across the street from the hotel. Cap off your stroll with a 15-minute walk to the peak of Citadel Hill to enjoy views of the harbour and Georges Island, a historic site in its own right.
For dinner, grab a table at the hotel's Arms Public House, and nip into classics like seafood chowder or locally sourced, slow-braised Black Angus beef. This recently renovated eatery serves breakfast and lunch as well. Both the hotel's business centre and fitness centre are open 24 hours, for added convenience.
Each of the hotel's 262 guest rooms was completely remodelled in the recent transformation. You'll relax in plush seating and custom furnishings surrounded by a calming, neutral pallette. The bathrooms are on the smaller side, as is typical for an almost century-old hotel, but feature granite countertops and Aveda bath products.
After your day on the town, you can nestle into your bed's premium linens, flip on the 55-inch flat-screen TVs, and drift off to sleep, knowing you can wake up to a complimentary Nespresso coffee in the morning.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. To arrange express check-in or check out please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arrival.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
To arrange express check-in or check out please email email@example.com prior to arrival.
Standard Time is 12pm. ***When booking the Travelzoo Deal, members are eligible for a 2pm late checkout (based on availability)***
***When booking the Travelzoo Deal, members are eligible for a 2pm late checkout (based on availability)***
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge. Maximum occupancy of 2 guests in all rooms.
Extra beds are not available.
Maximum occupancy of 2 guests in all rooms.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $60 plus tax per pet per stay.
Fees: ***When booking the Travelzoo Deal, members are eligible for a reduced parking rate of $20 CAD plus tax per day***
Hotel only accept credit cards for check-in, no cash or debit deposits.
As directed by the Provincial Government, masks or face-coverings must be worn in all indoor public spaces. Our employees will be wearing masks, and we encourage all guests to wear a mask while in common areas on the property, and when receiving service while in your guestroom. Masks are available at reception if needed. All guests traveling from outside of the Atlantic Provinces are required to isolate while staying at the hotel. We have several options and services available to help assist you during this time.
Due to local and state guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit and precautionary measures are in place; please contact the hotel or visit https://lordnelsonhotel.ca/covid-19-update for more details.
Fitness center is by appointment only, all other facilities are open
Up to 45% Off
$99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(19 Member Ratings)