Why We Love It
- Ranked the No. 1 hotel in Alaska by U.S. News & World Report
- It’s a nature lover's paradise surrounded by mountains, forests, glaciers and wildlife
- There’s hiking, biking, skiing and more right outside the hotel
- Ride the scenic aerial tram to the CAA 4-Diamond Seven Glaciers Restaurant for spectacular views
"The overall setting is one of a grand hotel" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Whether the mountains are packed with snow, or the summer sun is burning bright into the midnight hour, Alyeska Resort is a year-round mecca for nature lovers. Located an hour from Anchorage in the small resort town of Girwood, it’s the nicest hotel by far for miles, surrounded by old-growth forests, hanging glaciers and spectacular wildlife.
In the winter months, skiers hit the slopes out front and return to earthy decor and cozy mountain-style rooms with heated towel racks and warm bathrobes. By summer -- when daylight lasts up to 20 hours -- hiking and biking trails (for both beginners and the more advanced) wind through the Chugach Mountains outside. For farther expeditions, the friendly concierge staff is happy to plan river rafting, glacier cruises, float plane rides and helicopter tours.
Even those who prefer the indoors will find the setting spectacular, and can pass the time in the saltwater pool, take yoga or get a nature-inspired treatment at the spa. The best views are found at the 2,300-foot-high CAA 4-Diamond Seven Glaciers Restaurant, which offers a special-occasion ambiance and seafood dishes that TripAdvisor users consistently rave about. Reservations are recommended. Get there by riding the scenic aerial tram with stunning views in all directions.
The resort is rather isolated, and getting to town requires a five-minute drive, but guests can choose from a few other restaurants and bars on-site.The resort offers a free shuttle to the town of Girdwood, which is approximately 3 kilometres away. Anchorage is approximately 65 kilometres from the resort.
- “Recent travellers have difficulty finding fault with the Hotel Alyeska, praising everything from customer service to the earthy decor” -- U.S. News & World Report
- “Most rooms have stunning views of the Chugach Mountains and the lush forests surrounding this large and luxurious hotel” -- Fodor's
- “The overall setting is one of a grand hotel with dormers and turrets (like an old-world chateau), that stands among huge spruce trees in a Chugach Mountain valley” -- Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Photo ID and valid credit card required at time of check-in
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra person charge (over 2 adults in a room) is $25 (subject to tax) per night.
Extra bedding available upon request: US$25 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Extra person charge (over 2 adults in a room) is $25 (subject to tax) per night.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort/facility fee of US$10 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes Wi-Fi, pool, fitness center, valet parking and in-room coffee.
The resort fee includes Wi-Fi, pool, fitness center, valet parking and in-room coffee.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The Aerial Tram, Seven Glaciers Restaurant, Bore Tide Deli, Sakura Asian Bistro and Sitzmark Bar & Grill all closed from April 25 - May 12 and again in the fall from mid-October to mid-December.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(14 Member Ratings)