Why We Love It
- Soak up views of Lake Windermere from the 15 acres of landscaped gardens
- Book a table for dinner in the 3-AA-Rosette restaurant
- Country-chic rooms come equipped with contemporary comforts
- Perfect if you’re planning a party -- the hotel won Condé Nast Johansens Best for Weddings, Parties and Social Events, 2015
"Beautifully situated... with magnificent views" -- The Good Hotel Guide
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Linthwaite House is an AA 4-Red-Star hotel, making it one of the AA's Top 200 hotels in the UK. High above Lake Windermere, the late-Victorian country-house hotel is surrounded by 14 acres of gardens, with its own 9-hole putting green and a spacious terrace overlooking the lake.
Being in the Lake District, it's walkers' heaven, while golfers can stroll to the nearby Windermere Golf Club, and the hotel can provide tips on local fishing spots and riding stables. Alternatively, take a 5-minute drive into Bowness-on-Windermere for watersports and adventure activities. Literature lovers can head to The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction in Bowness, or William Wordsworth's Dove Cottage, a 30-minute drive away in the village of Grasmere.
The hotel's biggest draw has to be its 3-AA-Rosette restaurant, serving modern British food prepared with fresh, local produce. According to Sawday's, "ambrosial food waits in the dining rooms", with The Michelin Guide 2015 praising cooking that is "modern and flavoursome".
All guests have complimentary access to the Old England Hotel's spa in Bowness-on-Windermere, which features a Technogym, a 20-metre pool and spa treatments (for an additional fee). The hotel also offers in-room treatments, including massages, facials and manicures (charges apply and you may need to book in advance).
The 30 individually designed bedrooms have flat-screen TVs with Sky channels and DVD players, iPod docks and free Wi-Fi. Treat yourself to a Luxury Lake View Room with outside hot tub, so you can really make the most of the vistas.
- "Showroom-perfect bedrooms and a seriously good restaurant" -- Condé Nast Johansens
- "Beautifully situated high above Windermere, with magnificent views across the lake" -- The Good Hotel Guide 2015
- "Gorgeous country-house bedrooms are coolly uncluttered with warm colours, chic fabrics, hi-tech gadgetry and fabulous bathrooms" -- Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay
- "Service and hospitality are attentive and friendly" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2016
- 100% smoke-free
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2.30pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2.30pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 16.95 for adults and GBP 8.5 for children (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.