Why We Love It
- Design hotel with direct beach access & a 26th-floor infinity pool with panoramic views
- BRAVO24 serves Spanish dishes by Michelin-starred chef Carles Abellan
- Eclipse bar & sun deck hosts DJ sets during summer weekends
"Young vibe, spectacular views" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Known locally as the Vela (the sail) thanks to its curved exterior, the 5-star W Barcelona was designed by architect Ricardo Bofill. However, it's best known for its stunning views across the coast, and for being the first hotel in the city with direct beach access.
The property sits at the end of Passeig Joan de Borbó and is a 30-minute walk from La Rambla and the Gothic quarter. The nearest Metro station is Barceloneta -- 18 minutes away -- which connects to Passeig de Gràcia in 15 minutes and the Sagrada Familia in 25 minutes. Teleferico del Puerto, for the cable car to Montjuïc, is 600m away.
The hotel's BRAVO24 restaurant serves Spanish dishes from chef Carles Abellan (who holds a Michelin star for his other restaurant, Comerç 24). WAVE looks to the wider Mediterranean for inspiration, and SALT serves burgers -- both classic and with a few surprising twists. The 26th floor features an infinity pool overlooking the Mediterranean and Barcelona's skyline, as well as a sun deck and Eclipse bar, which host DJs at weekends during the summer. There's a Bliss Spa on two floors, with a steam room, a sauna and a Jacuzzi, and a gym and fitness classes (charges apply), including a Nike beachside running club every Tuesday.
All rooms have port or sea views, as well as mood lighting, free Wi-Fi and a rainfall shower. Upgrade to a higher room category for top-floor views across the city, or to a suite for your own private terrace.
- A "beach hotel offering spectacular views, a young vibe, a buzzing 26th-floor bar, and busy pool terrace" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "A stunner, inside and out" -- Fodor's
- "The W is nothing if not striking" -- The Indepedent
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 33 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 28.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25€ per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 110.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.48 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 17 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.