$127 – Coaching-inn stay near Windsor w/breakfast, was $220
The Christopher Hotel Bar & Grill is an 18th-century former coaching inn located in Eton, home to antique shops, galleries and the iconic Eton College. Overnight stays are now less than $64 per person, saving 42% on the usual price, and include:
- Overnight accommodation in a Double Room, and late checkout (until 12:30pm), for two
- Full English breakfast (worth $30 per person)
- It's $156 for an overnight stay, with full English breakfast, late checkout, a glass of prosecco (worth $10 each) and cream tea on arrival (worth $16 per person), for two
- It's $213 for a 2-night stay, with daily full English breakfast, late checkout and a glass of prosecco on arrival, for two
- It's $284 for a 2-night stay, with daily full English breakfast, late checkout, a glass of prosecco and cream tea on arrival, and a 3-course dinner in the Bistro (worth $52 per person), for two
Why We Love It
- The property is described as having an "ideal location in Eton", by The AA
- The Historic Windsor Castle and Eton College are both around 10 minutes' walk away
- LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and Royal Windsor Racecourse are 10 minutes' drive away
- Windsor Great Park, which features a lake, walking tracks, a bridleway, gardens and a deer park is 20 minutes' drive away
The Christopher Hotel Bar & Grill has an "ideal location" (The AA) a few minutes' walk from the River Thames, close to the "expensive boutiques, grand cafes and buzzing restaurants" (Lonely Planet) of Windsor and Eton's famed College. Dating from 1440, this boarding school has educated 19 prime ministers and is the birthplace of traditional English dessert the Eton mess.
Windsor Castle, the Queen's weekend residence, is less than 10 minutes' walk away. At the castle you can explore the grounds, and visit St George’s Chapel and the State Apartments. The Changing of the Guard is also not to be missed.
LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, a theme park boasting thrill rides and elaborate Lego statues, is 10 minutes' drive away.
Dorney Court, a 450-year-old manor house with a small farm, gardens and horticulture centre, and Dorney Lake, a purpose-built rowing lake, are a 10-minute drive away.
Windsor Great Park is 20 minutes' drive away. It features a lake, walking tracks, a bridleway, gardens, a deer park and a forest that is said to be haunted by Herne the Hunter, who rides a black stallion.
The informal bar and grill serves a mix of English and European dishes, including sea bass, grilled rib-eye steak and, of course, Eton mess for dessert.
The "stylish" (The AA) bedrooms include free Wi-Fi and are situated in either the main hotel building or in the courtyard.
The Christopher is also pet-friendly -- it's £10 per night, per dog. Parking is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £10 per night per extra guest aged 16 and above. Children aged 15 and under can stay for free. Extra beds and cots are on request only and this is room-only basis. Meals will be charged as taken. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request a cot/extra bed and confirm the age of the third guest.
Pets are allowed on request in Courtyard rooms only and will be charged at £10 per night. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$127 / night
When You Can Go
16 Dec, 2017-28 Feb, 2018
Getting ThereThe Christopher Hotel Bar & Grill is less than 10 minutes' drive away from junction 6 of the M4. Heathrow Airport is a 20-minute drive away. Windsor & Eton Riverside, the nearest railway station, is about a 5-minute walk away and has regular services to London Waterloo.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.