Why We Love It
- Lively bar scene where guests can mingle to the tracks of resident DJs
- Entertainment on the block includes the Blue Man Group, concerts at the Orpheum and comedy at the historic Wilbur Theatre
- Signature restaurant serves up a combination of traditional New England flavors and fresh, vibrant dishes
- A few blocks south of Boston Common and Newbury Street
"Caters to the see-and-be-seen crowd" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The high-rise glass tower of the W Boston ascends up from the street, beaming neon lights on passersby and giving the impression before even stepping foot inside that this is more than a mainstream chain hotel. Even the service -- which TripAdvisor members say lives up to the brand's motto "whatever you want, whenever you want it " -- exceeds expectations.
First, a time-saving check-in app allows guests to drop their bags in their room without any lines and head straight for the happening W Lounge -- a landmark of the W name, with live music, cocktails, and small plates to indulge. Families traveling with kids and those that prefer a quieter stay may find this lively bar scene a bit too much. There is also a chic on-site restaurant, home to a creative, fusion-filled menu.
The W has eight room types. The most basic ones are designed to be comfortable yet chic and come with signature pillowtop mattresses. Guests also have the option to upgrade to the Fabulous Room for complimentary Wi-Fi and better views.
The neighborhood's entertainment joints like the Wilbur, Orpheum and Wang theaters and the Charles Playhouse (home to the city's Blue Man Group) draw a lively crowd. Plus, many of the Boston staples are within walking distance. Boston Common, the country's oldest park, and Newbury Street are both a few blocks from the hotel. Copley Square is seven blocks away, and Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, is a 10-minute drive, or easily accessible from "T" stops a couple blocks from the hotel.
- "Following the theme of the hotel, W Lounge caters to the see-and-be-seen crowd" -- Fodor's
- "This trailblazing, chic and ever-so-slightly snooty urban hotel chain continues to expand around the country, but it hasn't yet reached the point at which hip and fashionable turns to yesterday's thing" -- Time Out
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
Room amenities Mini fridge available upon request.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 35 and USD 55 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet, per stay plus USD 50 one-time cleaning fee
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.