JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort and Spa
Why We Love It
- The luxe JW standard of spotless rooms and great service, though a bit removed from local color
- The pool is enormous at 25,000 square feet, and faces west, providing dazzling sunsets
- Cheap 30-minute shuttle takes you to town for shopping
- Adjacent golf course has view of the beach and landscape
“Top luxury” -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
There's no avoiding the pool at the JW Marriott Guanacaste. It covers 25,000 square feet in a journey that takes it around curves, under bridges and along buildings, before ending with an infinity wall that faces the ocean. It's the standout feature of this JW Marriott, which otherwise adheres for the most part to this upscale brand's idea of a plush and carefree stay.
The resort sits right on the beach, though it's a small patch -- the pool is probably bigger, when you compare them. But the combination of the two ensures there's plenty of places to lie down and sun.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The décor is simple and elegant, with a minibar and fridge. There's a steep charge for Wi-Fi of $14 per day. The resort has five casual restaurants ranging from a steakhouse to a breakfast buffet. Meals are not included and range from $15-$60.
There is a nearby golf course, and a cheap shuttle will take you into the town of Tamarindo for shopping and more affordable eating with local cuisine. There is also a horse ranch nearby for horseback riding and exploring.
- “The rooms are cozy and well equipped” -- Frommer’s
- “Straddling the line between major resort and remote wilderness lodge” -- Travel + Leisure
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 31 for adults and USD 15.5 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 14.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 140 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 10 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.