$324 – Costa Rica: Luxe Private Villa w/Plunge Pool
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Put some pura vida on your calendar this year with a trip to one of the top resorts in Costa Rica, one of Lonely Planet's top travel destinations for 2020. We've negotiated discounted rates of up to half-off peak-season stays at this adults-only retreat, including two meals per day.
"One of the Top 10 Resorts in Central America" — Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards 2019
- Stay in a Private Villa with your own plunge pool:
- $324 per night ... May 1 - Dec. 22
- $396 per night ... many dates through April 30
- Upgrade to a much larger Villa Suite for +$99 per night
- All stays include a "half-board" meal plan, with breakfast daily and your choice of lunch or dinner each day
What You Need to Know
- 3-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to two adults (ages 16 and up) sharing a room; children are not allowed
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary (45-60 day advance notice depending on dates booked, plus a $40 administrative fee is required)
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $33 plus tax per night; the fee covers in-villa coffee and bottled water, turndown service, snorkeling gear, boogie boards and beach equipment
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- An ultra-private, adults-only spot that's built for couples getaways and lands on many honeymoon wish lists
- This lush oasis sits tucked into a mountainside overlooking the Pacific
- Villas are bright, airy and spacious, each with a patio that leads to your own private plunge pool
- Located on the Nicoya Peninsula, which attracts surfers and celebrities — Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have a beachfront villa in nearby Santa Teresa
This mountainside retreat overlooking the Pacific Ocean is a prime choice for adults seeking an intimate, romantic hideaway. Built for privacy, Casa Chameleon at Mal Pais has just 10 standalone Villas and two Villa Suites available, each with its own personal plunge pool with color-changing lights for "a wild (but still chic) atmosphere" (Travel + Leisure).
Each spacious villa is exceptionally airy, with walls that open up to the outdoors (yes, there is also air-conditioning). All feature four-poster king beds, hammocks, free Wi-Fi and an indoor and outdoor rain shower, along with sophisticated, contemporary furnishings. Upgrade to a Villa Suite for plenty of extra space in the separate oceanview living room. Two things these villas don't have are TVs and phones, which helps guests focus on relaxing and unplugging.
The on-site restaurant sits at the hotel's highest point (which means great views while dining) and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; guests can also take cooking lessons. The chef focuses on local seafood and produce, and the open kitchen means that dinner can also be a show. Below the restaurant, a bamboo cocktail lounge overlooks another outdoor waterfall pool open to all guests.
This part of Costa Rica is a big surfing destination, and there are a number of surfing schools close to the hotel. Casa Chameleon doesn't have direct beach access, but thanks to its location, you still get great ocean and sunset views. The town of Santa Teresa (named "the next Tulum" by The New York Times) is a short ATV ride away; guests can also arrange activities including zip-lining, horseback riding, fishing and snorkeling through the resort.
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Minimum age required to check in: 16.
Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available. Adults Only Resort.
Adults Only Resort.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort/facility fee of US$25 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
Beach kit including: soft cooler, chairs and umbrella
In Villa coffee and bedside bottled water - replenished daily
Turn down service (upon request)
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
50% off peak-season travel
$324 / night
About the Hotel
The resort can be reached by rental car, taxi, or personal driver. Casa Chameleon can help guests arrange transportation. For rental cars, a four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended as the roads can be hard to navigate. Taxis are about $50 each way, and private shuttles are $60 each way.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(27 Member Ratings)