Royalton Times Square
Why We Love It
- Elongated lobby lounge is a favorite with locals and chic-seekers
- Glam nautically inspired interiors
- Most rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and circular bathtubs
- Guests receive loaner iPads with free Wi-Fi
“New generation of movers and shakers” – Fodor’s
Map & Directions
The Royalton is approximately 35 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport. A taxi is a flat fee of $52 plus tip and tolls. A SuperShuttle shared ride service starts at $20 for the first passenger.
Rooms & Rates
Updated from hotelier Ian Schrager’s reboot in the 1990s, the Royalton still embodies the nightclub in a hotel concept. The extra-long lobby is dark woods, textured walls and comfortable perches. There are nooks and alcoves with banquettes, tufted couches and ottomans lining the walls. A floor-to-ceiling bronze fireplace is etched and carved in undulating lines. Rope netting softens the corners of the hallways. Orb-shaped light fixtures dangle like floating bubbles from the ceiling. Add in the dark grays and browns of the furnishings and the entire effect is akin to being submerged in the deepest depths of the sea.
Guest rooms are lighter in pale grays and royal blues. Custom-made white linens top dark wood platform beds. Less is more seems to be the aesthetic for room design here.
The higher floors have some standout perks, including round tubs surrounded by reflective tile walls and wood-burning fireplaces. Guests also receive a loaner iPad and free Wi-Fi, a thoughtful touch.
Conservative guests and those with small children might find the lobby too dark and unusual for their tastes. But for those who enjoy being in a see-and-be-seen spot, this will fit the bill.
- “Happy hour in the block-long train of lounges here is quite the scene” – Frommer’s
- “Attracts a new generation of movers and shakers” – Fodor’s
- 100% smoke-free
Services Room service is available Monday through Friday only.
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 56 per day
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.