$97-$110 – New Orleans 4-star historic hotel through summer
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Foodie heaven, party central, cultural melting pot, the birthplace of jazz … New Orleans is a one-of-a-kind town and to do right by it takes a one-of-a-kind hotel.
Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery — a former coffee warehouse dating back to 1854 — is it. The art-filled boutique hotel features quirky decor, airy loft-like rooms and an upscale celeb-chef restaurant fusing French and Caribbean flavours. Travelzoo members stay through summer for 40% off.
- Stay in a Deluxe Queen Room most dates through Sept. 30:
- $97 per night … Sundays-Thursdays
- $110 per night ... Fridays-Saturdays
- Two Double Rooms are +$13 per night; upgraded Premium Rooms with huge floor-to-ceiling windows start at +$39 per night
- Travelzoo-member perk: A US$10 credit to the on-site Tout La cafe, once per stay
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a facility fee of US$10.95 plus tax per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi, access to the fitness centre and more
- Self-parking is US$30 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel's building has a story of its own — it originally served as a chandlery, trading canvas, rope and patent medicines used for sailing voyages
- Rooms feature rustic touches, like pinewood floors and exposed brick walls, alongside indulgent amenities — pillow menu, anyone?
- Home to Compère Lapin, the first restaurant from James Beard award-winning chef (and "Top Chef" fan favorite) Nina Compton
- Less than a 10-minute walk to the French Quarter and a 10-minute drive to the Garden District
The Old No. 77 sits in the heart of downtown New Orleans' Warehouse District — a former industrial center that's now home to a thriving arts scene (it's only a 10-minute walk to the French Quarter, too). In keeping with its surroundings, the hotel still retains many rustic touches from its long history, dating back to the 1800s; it also boasts top spots on Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards for 2018 and 2019.
Brick walls, high ceilings and exposed pipes give much of the hotel a loft-like aesthetic, and help rooms to feel "contemporary and fresh" (Oyster.com). Pillowtop mattresses — complete with pillow menus — large flat-screen TVs and honor bars stocked with local goodies come standard as well. Amenities for four-legged family members include pet room service and even pet psychics (it is New Orleans, after all).
"Top Chef" fan favorite Nina Compton's first restaurant, Compère Lapin, is located on site and has already been named one of the "40 Most Important Restaurants of the Past 40 Years" by Food & Wine Magazine. The menu features cuisine that combines Compton’s Caribbean roots with French and Italian elements.
Outside the hotel, you're close to pretty much everything — guests can stroll through dozens of art galleries and museums on nearby Julia Street, including the Ogden Museum of Southern Art. Lafayette Square and the city's conference center are a couple blocks away from the hotel; the Garden District is a short streetcar ride west and guests can join the revelry on Bourbon Street, less than a 15-minute walk away.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates based on up to 2 guests in Queen rooms and 4 guests in Two Double rooms.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Rates based on up to 2 guests in Queen rooms and 4 guests in Two Double rooms.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $25 USD plus tax per room per stay.
A resort/facility fee of US$10.95 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. Please set up Self-Parking with the front desk at check in.
Car park fee: US$30 plus tax per night.
The resort/facility fee includes:
Please set up Self-Parking with the front desk at check in.
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Housekeeping service will be provided every third day.
Housekeeping service will be provided every third day.
$97 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(102 Member Ratings)