The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
Why We Love It
- This AAA 4-Diamond hotel is literally perched on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, giving its decidedly west coast vibe some Scottish flavors
- The property takes full advantage of their unique location, adorning the lawn with fire pits and cozy outdoor seating for romantic nights sipping local wines and gazing at the stars
- One of Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels in 2015
- Home to two championship golf courses and a full spa
“Exquisite” — Forbes Travel Guide
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Sitting pretty on the California coast, the Five-Star Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is perched on a cliff with panoramic Pacific Ocean views. Forty-five minutes from San Francisco via scenic coastal drive, guests can explore the bay area or drive 10 minutes to the coastal town of Half Moon Bay, stocked with upscale restaurants and boutiques.
While the pool is slightly small, the full-service spa more than makes up for it with its co-ed Roman mineral bath and Tsunami showers. Enjoy a round of golf on one of two championship courses — the only oceanfront courses in the bay area. While parents tee up, kids escape to their own day program, which offers activities such as beach trips, movie days and s’mores by the fire.
Once the sun begins to set, relax to the sound of crashing ocean waves on the hotel’s grassy lawn, complete with fire pits and cozy outdoor seating.
A daily resort fee of $25 per room, per night covers wine tasting on arrival and access to various spa and fitness amenities. Strategically secluded, guests can mosy down to the beach, a two-minute walk away, or explore various walking trails and bike paths.
After hours in the sun or spa, retreat to what feels like a guest room in a coastal California estate, complete with marble baths and sunken tubs.
- “From its cliff-top setting to its shingled architecture, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay looks like a slice of Scotland on the Northern California coast" — Forbes Travel Guide
- “#1 of 8 Half Moon Bay hotels” — TripAdvisor.com
- “One of the Best Hotels in the USA for 2015” — U.S. News and World Report
- Newspaper / magazines
- Golf course (on-site)
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 32 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 35.00 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.