Hotel On Rivington
Why We Love It
- Rooms have views of the Empire State Building or the Brooklyn Bridge
- Free in-room Wi-Fi, as well as coffee, tea and wine in the private guest lobby
- Near nightlife hot spots and popular with a young party crowd
"A great choice if you want to be in the thick of the neighbourhood's dining and nightlife scene" -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Every exterior wall in the 21-story Hotel on Rivington has floor-to-ceiling windows, offering views of the Empire State Building in one direction and the Brooklyn Bridge in the other from bedrooms, the lobby, even guest room showers. The modern, monochromatic skyscraper soars above the surrounding brick tenements of Manhattan’s Lower East Side and incorporates the city’s landscape to become part of the design through its transparent facade.
Rooms are larger than the New York average and come equipped with Tempur-Pedic beds, automated curtains, iHome stereos and free Wi-Fi. Minibars are stocked with champagne, candles and massage oil, setting a romantic mood. Half the rooms have balconies with views of the East River and beyond, while all include Italian tiled bathrooms outfitted with either Japanese-style deep soaking tubs or oversized steam showers.
On the ground floor, Cafe Medi attracts a stylish crowd for breakfast and dinner before a live DJ takes over on weekend nights. The hotel’s intimate lounge, JIA, has a black-felt pool table and specializes in tacos and tequila. Overnight visitors enjoy exclusive access to all-day coffee and tea as well as a daily wine reception in the guests-only lounge. The hotel also provides guests complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre, and the East River Promenade is nearby for a scenic waterfront jog.
The edgy downtown location is great for nightlife, and the hotel is also within a 20-minute walk of bars and restaurants in the East Village, SoHo, Chinatown and Little Italy. To reach popular tourist attractions like Times Square, One World Observatory and Central Park, just hop on one of the four subway lines that stop at the end of the street.
- "The haute hippie's hotel of choice" -- Michelin Guide
- "A distinctly visionary property amidst one of the city's most historic neighbourhoods" -- Gayot.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 11 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed not available in Double Double Rooms. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra bedding available upon request: US$50 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed not available in Double Double Rooms. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets (maximum weight: 50 pounds) are allowed on request, free of charge and pets over 100 pounds will be charged a $100 (subject to tax) cleaning fee. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $70.00 (subject to tax), per day. In and out privileges are not included and are available for an additional $10 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
(14 Member Ratings)