The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Why We Love It
- Five-diamond luxury hotel directly across from City Hall
- “Jaw-dropping” marble lobby is designed to look like Rome’s Pantheon
- Some rooms have views of Independence Hall and City Hall
- Acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval runs the Latin-American Aqimero in the hotel lobby
"One of the most luxurious hotels in Philadelphia" -- Conde Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Housed in a stunning 1904 bank building designed after the Pantheon, the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia is home to one of the most beautiful hotel lobbies in North America. The 140-foot tile dome allows daylight to filter through the oculus to highlight the white marble columns and floors in the cathedral-like entryway.
Like many historic properties, rooms at this hotel are small for the city but offer great views of Ben Franklin atop City Hall and Independence Hall, the downtown property’s most esteemed neighbors. Fresh off renovations that were completed this year, guest rooms feature a contemporary neutral palette with metallic accents, free Wi-Fi, marble bathrooms with separate tubs and mother-of-pearl vanities, large windows and flat-screen televisions. Suites occupy higher floors and include luxurious like additional bathrooms, separate bedrooms, kitchens, washer and dryer units, and living rooms with sofa beds. Returning guests suggest spending extra for access to the club lounge with a dedicated concierge as well as free snacks and refreshments. The Ritz offers lavish extras like bubble baths drawn by butlers and Champagne and truffles delivered straight to guest rooms.
For additional pampering, guests can book facials and massages at the spa, use the sauna and steam room or work up a sweat at the 24-hour fitness center. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Latin-style at Aqimero, located in the iconic lobby and headed by acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval.
From the hotel, guests can walk to the Liberty Bell, Rittenhouse Square and Reading Terminal Market in less than 20 minutes.
- "This hotel is very posh, and comes with that famous and formidable Ritz-Carlton level of professional, personalized service from an ever-helpful staff" -- Frommer’s
- "In an ideal location on the Avenue of the Arts across from City Hall, this classic hotel offers the best of everything" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Let them know if it's your birthday or another special occasion, and they should greet you with Champagne" -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per accommodation, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.