Hotel Rio Celeste Hideaway
Why We Love It
- A romantic, tropical retreat, close to the Rio Celeste waterfall and Tenorio Volcano National Park
- The large casitas have balconies overlooking the rainforest
- The swim-up bar is attached to the lagoon pool
- Bikes are available to borrow, and the hotel can organize tours
"An elegant address" --Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Tucked away at the foot of Tenorio Volcano is the romantic Rio Celeste Hideaway Hotel. The resort is set along the banks of one of Costa Rica’s most celebrated natural wonders -- the electric-blue Rio Celeste river, which winds down the nearby volcano. Guests will be in the perfect spot to explore the Tenorio Volcano National Park.
The 26 thatched-roofed casitas are surrounded by tranquil rainforest and gardens, and have canopied beds. The spacious balconies extend over the jungle, and there is lush landscape from every angle. The outdoor showers are secluded, hidden away behind tropical plants, and inside there are modern touches, such as complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. Upgrade to a Casita Suite for extra space and a jetted Jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom.
Complimentary breakfast is served every morning along with Costa Rican cuisine with an international twist at the open-air Kantala Restaurant. Cantina Delirio hosts a daily cocktail hour, and a swim-up bar is attached to the lagoon pool. Alternatively, relax in one of the spa tubs or the on-site lazy river. It’s a short walk to the river itself, which has a swimming area.
Not to be missed are the myriad rainforest trails on the doorstep, and the hike up to the Rio Celeste waterfall and its natural sulfuric hot springs. Bicycles are available to hire, and the hotel can arrange bird watching trips, horseback riding or rafting tours (extra charge applies).
- "An elegant address recently opened for business just 550m, and across a pedestrian-only bridge, from the park gate" -- Lonely Planet
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: CRC 104000 per vehicle
- Weekly housekeeping provided; fees apply for additional cleaning
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: CRC 45
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: CRC 45
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.