Why We Love It
- This hotel is so close to the White House, news services book rooms for the camera angles
- Rooftop terraces showcase breathtaking views of monuments and the Capitol
- Regal guest rooms have marble bathrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi, and some have a fireplace or balcony
- "#3 of 133 hotels in Washington D.C." according to TripAdvisor
"One of the city's finest hotels" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
Named one of the World's Best Places to Stay by Condé Nast Traveler, The Hay-Adams is a legendary landmark hotel, seconds from the White House and Lafayette Square, where public art installations, gorgeous greenery and regular outdoor festivals abound.
Regal guest rooms look almost the exactly as they did when Amelia Earhart stayed here in 1928, with marble bathrooms, intricate moldings, walnut accents and high ceilings. Plush beds are outfitted in European linens and goose-down duvets. Guests can use free Wi-Fi to plan day trips to nearby attractions.
Forbes Travel Guide says "one of the best spots in the hotel is the luxurious rooftop terrace," which showcases "panoramic views of the city, monuments and Capitol." Or guests can rub elbows with politicos at the lively on-site bar and have a power dinner at the elegant Lafayette restaurant, ranked in the top 1% of D.C. restaurants according to TripAdvisor users.
- "Beyond its superb location and views, this classic D.C. hotel is boutique in size, comfortably sophisticated, and grandly gracious" -- Frommer's
- "One of the city's great heritage hotels" -- Lonely Planet
- "This rebuilt 19th-century residence also boasts what is arguably the city's best location" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 10.30am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 10.30am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.