Hotel Sofitel New York
Why We Love It
- An elegant choice when going to the theater -- while Times Square is only two blocks away, the immediate area is quieter
- In-house French restaurant is recommended by Condé Nast Traveler, an accolade that can lead to tasty yet pricey meals
- Some suites have terraces facing the Empire State Building
- French flair means fresh flowers and a more traditional look, though beds are notoriously plush and cushy
"The best" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set just a half block from Fifth Avenue in an ideal location for sightseeing, the Sofitel New York "brings a Gallic flair to Midtown West," says Fodor's. The 30-story hotel is located in Midtown West Manhattan, just a five-minute walk from the upscale boutiques of Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center. Times Square and the Theater District are only three blocks away. It is also extremely well placed for subway travel with some 16 lines in walking distance.
In the velvet-trimmed lobby, there are cascades of exotic flowers and friendly multilingual staff to welcome guests. The on-site French brasserie, Gaby, is recommended by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and is popular with pre- and post-theater diners, as is the sleek bar that serves up original cocktails and cognac. While there’s no spa, there is a well-stocked gym, open 24 hours a day.
All bedrooms at the AAA 4-Diamond property are roomy and feature the Sofitel’s trademark feather SoBed and floor-to-ceiling windows that make the most of the views (some even overlook the Chrysler Building). If you can afford it, opt for a suite with a terrace facing the Empire State Building.
- "There are many fine hotels on 44th Street between Fifth and Sixth avenues, but the best, in my estimation, is the soaring Sofitel" -- Frommer's
- "Some suites have terraces with views of the Empire State Building that are worth the splurge" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 12 can stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room (on request and maximum two children per room). Extra bed available on request for children aged 13 and above: $50 per night, in all rooms except twin rooms and rooms with sofa bed. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged an extra $100 per stay. Charges will
be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.