Lord Elgin Hotel
Why We Love It
- A landmark hotel in downtown Ottawa, entertaining esteemed patrons since 1941
- Guestrooms have views of Confederation Park and the Rideau Canal -- many more attractions are within walking distance
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the handsomely appointed guestrooms
- Biking and jogging paths along the Rideau Canal are steps from the hotel's front doors
"Elegant, château-inspired building" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
A longstanding landmark and historical icon in downtown Ottawa, the Lord Elgin Hotel invites Travelzoo members to join its esteemed list of guests. This hotel has entertained politicians and public figures since its founding in 1941.
Many of the handsomely appointed guestrooms at this hotel overlook Confederation Park and the Rideau Canal, and Ottawa's best attractions are within walking distance, including the Byward Market and the National Arts Centre. Guestrooms are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi for getting work done or catching up.
Stop by Grill 41 for any meal of the day, including a full buffet breakfast and drinks in the evening. In between sightseeing and meetings, the 24-hour fitness center has a lap pool, whirlpool and sauna for staying fit and refreshed. The hotel is also steps from jogging and bike paths along the famed Rideau Canal.
- "One of Ottawa's landmark properties, this hotel is in an elegant, château-inspired building that has been preserved and restored with attention to 1940s interior detail" -- Frommer's
- "This stately old place, built in 1941 and overhauled in 1991, has seen its share of celebrity names over the decades" -- Lonely Planet
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: CAD 30 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: CAD 85
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 75 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.