Member Exclusive – Retro Scottsdale Hotel w/$30 in Extras
Relax by the pool at a retro-styled hotel in Scottsdale. Stay in April or May and save 20% vs. earlier months plus get $37 in exclusive extras.
- $278-$327 per night ... most dates April 1 - May 27
- Travelzoo members can sign in for $30 of exclusive extras
"#6 of 79 Scottsdale hotels" -- TripAdvisor.com
Why We Love It
- Professional baseball players and movie stars pull up to the pool at this retro-chic escape
- An $80 million restoration ushered in bright colors and iconic furnishings
- A trendsetter in the 1950s, it was a favorite of celebrities
- 20 minutes from Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home and studio
Star studded in the 1950s when celebrities needed to escape the prying eyes of Hollywood, Scottsdale blossomed as a warm, welcoming, low-key retreat. One of the top spots to stay was Hotel Valley Ho, a sleek mid-century hideaway that mixes desert colors and materials inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s textile blocks.
It was the chicest scene when Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner wed there in 1957, and it glows again today after an $80 million restoration. Rooms have clean-lined furnishings and bright colors, along with an all-glass wall that opens to an individual patio or balcony.
Iconic Saarinen chairs pull up to the tables and around fireplaces at the main restaurant, ZuZu, which cooks up classics like beef stroganoff and Cornish hen. An outdoor bar and cabanas flank what Travel + Leisure declares is one of the World’s Coolest Pools, shaped like an olive in a martini glass, and the centerpoint of the grounds.
The spa has saunas with chromotherapy and an outdoor terrace, and a full menu of treatments like the coffeeberry yoga facial and honey ginger myofacial treatment.
The historic hotel hot spot is a short walk from renowned art galleries, shops and restaurants of downtown Scottsdale. Old Town Scottsdale is only a few blocks west, where a Historical Society anchors streets dressed with Old West adobe-style structures.
- "This Scottsdale hot-spot hotel was ... restored to its former '50s fabulousness, and the rooms don't disappoint with retro furnishings and styling" -- Fodor's
- "The Valley Ho's colors and midcentury modern decor hooked me from the minute we entered the airy glass, metal and stone lobby" -- Los Angeles Times
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
All rooms have outdoor space
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Parking Valet Parking is $15 + tax; self parking is available. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
- Off-street parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available free of charge for children 2 and under (on request).
Extra bed available (on request) free of charge for adults in all rooms except Signature Double/Double Guest Rooms and based on availability.
Extra person charge is $25+ tax per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Hotel Valley Ho's two pool areas are fully reserved for registered hotel guests on Saturdays and holiday weekends.
Exclusive Member Rates
When You Can Go
Most dates April 1 - May 27
Getting ThereThe hotel is about 15 minutes by car from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.