$101 – London: Stay at a Historic Greenwich Estate, Reg. $179
Why We Love This Deal
Stays at De Vere Devonport House, which sits within Greenwich's UNESCO World Heritage Site, are now up to 35% off for Travelzoo members.
"A smart choice for leisure travellers who want to explore Greenwich" -- The Daily Telegraph
- $101 ... August
- $106 ... most dates in September-October
- Includes continental breakfast for two and a bottle of sparkling wine upon check-in ($56 value)
What You Need to Know
- Some Saturdays require a two-night minimum stay
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancelable; full prepayment required at time of booking
- Parking is 10 pounds per day; limited space is available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Free Wi-Fi
- Not pet-friendly
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Maritime Greenwich, 20 minutes from central London via the Docklands Light Railway
- Nearby attractions include the National Maritime Museum, the Royal Observatory and the Old Royal Naval College
- The O2 Arena, home to some of the city's most popular music and sports events, is a 20-minute bus ride away
De Vere Devonport House is in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Maritime Greenwich, an area that is steeped in naval history and contains attractions including the Old Royal Naval College and the National Maritime Museum.
This 4-star property occupies a collection of historic buildings that once formed part of the Royal Naval College. Its 99 rooms are decorated in a contemporary style and have free Wi-Fi. The Officers Mess bar is open for drinks from 5 p.m., and snacks and drinks are available 24 hours a day from the Pantry in the lobby.
The hotel's landscaped grounds contain a small cemetery where Admiral Hardy (to whom Lord Nelson uttered his dying words at the Battle of Trafalgar) is buried. For more greenery, Greenwich Park is a two-minute walk from the hotel, and the Royal Observatory is a 10-minute walk away, at the top of a hill in the park -- the views from the top of the hill over Greenwich and toward Docklands are very impressive.
Tourist spots including the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich Market and the National Maritime Museum are all less than five minutes' walk from the hotel. Greenwich railway station, Cutty Sark Docklands Light Railway station and Greenwich Pier are all less than a 10-minute walk from the hotel, making it easy to take public transport into town -- you can be seeing the sights of central London within 20 minutes.
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in / checkout
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Car park fee: £10 per day.
Limited space available, first come-first served basis.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(1227 Member Ratings)