Mauna Lani Hotel & Bungalows
Why We Love It
- Ranked in the Top 25 Hawaii Resorts by Conde Nast Traveler, the iconic hotel is impeccably maintained; all rooms were renovated in 2014 and come with a private lanai
- Named one of the best beach hotels on the Big Island by Oyster.com
- Home to a turtle sanctuary, award-winning spa and two scenic golf courses
- An on-site historian hosts cultural classes such as coconut husking and hula dancing
- Note: Due to a major renovation project, the hotel will be closed starting October 1, 2018 for the 14-month renovation.
"One of the most beautiful resorts on the island" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
A sense of relaxation washes over you after stepping into the cathedral-like lobby of the 4.5-star Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows, described by Fodor's as "one of the most beautiful resorts on the island."
After being greeted with a welcome lei and tropical drink, head up to one of the fresh-faced guest rooms (all renovated in 2014) that come with a private lanai. Most overlook an expanse of the pristine beach.
Celebrate the island's rich heritage with the on-site cultural historian who hosts evening talks, teaches hula dancing lessons and points guests in the direction of the area's best tours. Even the spa celebrates local culture with Hawaiian-inspired treatments using red sea salt and black volcanic clay.
The two on-site golf courses are works of art that snake through rugged lava formations alongside the ocean. The over-the-water hole No. 15 on the South Course is simply stunning.
- "Exceptional customer service and friendly staff" -- Oyster.com
- "A serene and sophisticated resort" -- Gayot.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age to check in is 18.
Minimum age to check in is 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 3.
Extra bed available on request and in king bed rooms only: $65 + tax per night for children.
Extra person charge (each adult over 2 in a room) is $75 + tax per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A Resort Activity Fee of $30 (subject to tax = $31.25) per night applies and includes:
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.