Kimpton George Hotel
Why We Love It
- Convenient for those traveling to D.C. by train, the hotel is a five-minute walk from Union Station
- Renovated in 2014, the chic property was one of the city's first boutique hotels and is "still one of its best," according to Fodor's
- Guests are privy to complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary shoe shine services and a complimentary wine reception every evening
- This hotel is 100% pet friendly, no extra cleaning fees or restrictions on size
"Innovative design" -- DK Eyewitness
Rooms & Rates
A five-minute walk to D.C.'s Union Station -- a locale that's uber convenient for those traveling into town via Amtrak -- The Hotel George is one of Capitol Hill's most fashionable hotels.
Fodor's named the property one of the World's Best Hotels in 2014. Included in the nightly rate are benefits like free Wi-Fi (for Kimpton rewards members), a complimentary wine reception every evening and bikes on loan to explore the city. There's also a well-reviewed on-site bistro and a 24-hour fitness center, complete with a yoga program.
Completely renovated in 2014, the rooms and suites are plush and whimsical, with artistic touches referencing American history woven throughout.
- “One of the most fashionable hotels in the city, deserving attention because of its innovative design, excellent business accommodations and its fine bistro-style restaurant” -- DK Eyewitness
- “D.C.'s first contemporary boutique hotel is still one of its best” -- Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47.00 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 24.05 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.