Why We Love It
- Coveted address on Coast Village Road in ritzy Montecito, where Oprah lives
- Built by Charlie Chaplin in 1928, the hotel is full of character and charm -- think antique cage elevators and a complete Chaplin movie collection in the library
- All rooms were renovated in 2014 and feel fresh and modern
- Ride a free beach cruiser two blocks to Butterfly Beach, or drive 10 minutes to State Street
- Wi-Fi and a nice continental breakfast spread are provided at no extra charge
"Gives a peek back to an earlier time" -- Chicago Tribune
100% (5 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
Blending classic Hollywood glamour with laid-back Santa Barbara style, Montecito Inn was built by Charlie Chaplin in 1928 as an escape from show biz. In a neighborhood of million-dollar estates, this landmark is perched on Coast Village Road, arguably the area's swankiest stretch of boutiques and restaurants. Window-shop among celebs, stroll two blocks to Butterfly Beach or drive 10 minutes to downtown Santa Barbara.
The boutique hotel offers tons of free amenities, including Wi-Fi, continental breakfast, a fitness center and beach cruisers. Relax with in-room spa treatments or take a dip in the outdoor pool and hot tub. Guests can also grab DVDs from the full Charlie Chaplin library and enjoy a piece of film history in the comfort of plush, modern guest rooms -- all renovated in 2014.
The on-site Montecito Cafe earns 4 stars on Yelp and TripAdvisor and is a popular haunt among locals; dine poolside or order room service.
A "posh oceanside enclave" (Chicago Times), Montecito is one of the country's wealthiest communities and has attracted stars and moguls since the late 1880s. It's currently home to the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Drew Barrymore and Jeff Bridges.
- "Montecito Inn gives a peek back to an earlier time" -- Chicago Tribune
- "Compact and elegantly furnished" rooms -- The New York Times
- "Montecito’s south-facing beaches are just 90 miles from Los Angeles, making it a longtime hot spot for Hollywood royalty" -- Forbes
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 12.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 12.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed until 31 August 2017 (date subject to change):
- Dining venue
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(5 Member Reviews)