Olissippo Lapa Palace
Why We Love It
- This 19th-century palace overlooks the Tagus River in the peaceful Lapa embassy district
- Previous guests have included Rod Stewart, Cher & Paul McCartney
- Home to the only outdoor pool in Lisbon that is open all year round, a spa & gourmet restaurant
- St Jorge’s Castle is nearby & it’s a 5-minute walk to the Santo Amaro Docks
"Feels straight out of Old Hollywood" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Sitting high on a hill in Lisbon’s embassy district, the 5-star Olissippo Lapa Palace is in an excellent position to offer guests impressive views over the city. And what guests there has been -- Rod Stewart, Cher, Bono and Paul McCartney have all stayed in the past. The property was built in the 19th century as a palace for local nobility and many of the original features are still scattered throughout.
While a little removed from the city centre, the hotel is a short (and inexpensive) taxi ride away from town, and just two blocks from the nearest tram stop (Estrela Basilica). The upside of not staying in the heart of the action is the peace and space that this resort benefits from. It's surrounded by tropical gardens and boasts the only outdoor pool in Lisbon to be open all year round (heated May-September). For those who also want to appreciate the local nightlife, the bars and restaurants of Santo Amaro Docks are five minutes away.
Back at the hotel, the rather formal Lapa Restaurant serves impressive Mediterranean cuisine. There is a tasting menu available, or order dishes such as the truffled egg soufflé over a white asparagus broth, a taglioni verdi au gratin, or hand fished sea bass from the à la carte menu. There is also a poolside restaurant (open April-September), and light meals are served at the Bar Rio Tejo, as well as more than 50 types of tea and live piano music on Tuesday-Saturday evenings. In the mornings, Champage is served alongside an impressive hot and cold buffet.
The bedrooms in the Palace Wing are decorated in several different styles, including Art Deco, colonial and oriental finishes. Rooms in the Garden Wing are plainer but have their own balconies with views of the grounds. Across both, expect impressive bathrooms with toiletries that include sun cream and after sun, free Wi-Fi, and an impressive pillow menu (try the aromatherapy option). Small bathrobes and slippers are provided for children (on request) and there is a DVD player and film library in every room.
Younger guests will also enjoy the separate outdoor children’s pool, and there is an opulent spa for grownups with an indoor pool, well equipped gym, steam baths and massage rooms.
- "One of the capital's most luxurious hotels" -- Frommer's
- "Feels straight out of Old Hollywood" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Plump beds, marble bathrooms and private balconies" -- The Telegraph
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 28.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 50 (one-way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 13 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.