Casa Monica Hotel
Why We Love It
- Opened in 1888, the hotel is one of the oldest in America and the "best in town," says Frommer's
- The regal rooms are sizeable and styled with heavy Spanish furniture, overlooking the rooftop or pool deck
- Past guests include the king & queen of Spain
- Prominently placed in the Historic District, near the amphitheater and the shops on St. George Street
"St. Augustine's finest digs" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Described as "the best in town" by Frommer's, the Casa Monica in St Augustine has long turned heads with its extraordinary design and services, attracting the likes of the king and queen of Spain in 2001.
The grand Moorish-revival property dates from 1888, making it one of the oldest in the country, and -- post renovation -- is now a restored member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America.
The hotel, with its turrets and stone exterior, is prominently placed in the Historic District, near the amphitheater and the shops on St. George Street, and facing the Lightner Museum, which exhibits a large collection of Tiffany glassware. Castillo de San Marcos fort is a 10-minute walk away.
Outside there’s a pretty pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by plenty of plush lounge chairs to soak up the Florida sun. The dramatic 95 Cordova restaurant is trimmed with gold and shimmering drapes. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu is eclectic, ranging from chop house favorites to Savannah-style shrimp and grits.
There’s also a European-style café for light meals and snacks and a lounge bar for martinis and live music.
The regal rooms are sizeable and styled with heavy Spanish furniture, overlooking the rooftop or pool deck. Pricier rooms -- the best of which are the lower-numbered rooms on the third and fourth floors -- face the Historic District. The top-end signature suites in the towers have spacious living rooms and original stained glass.
- "This Moorish Revival hotel is the best in town, with top-notch rooms and services" -- Frommer's
- "Hand-stenciled Moorish columns and arches, handcrafted chandeliers, and gilded iron tables decorate the lobby of this late-1800s Flagler-era masterpiece" -- Fodor's
- "This colossal turreted landmark encompasses St. Augustine's finest digs and is worth a stop even if you're not sleeping here" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 3. Extra bed available on request for older children and adults in the Premium Guestrooms and Suites: $15 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets under 40lbs are allowed on request and will be charged $150 per stay. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Minimum stays may apply over holidays and other high-demand dates.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.