Grand Hotel Wien
Why We Love It
- This Belle Epoque hotel is the "first of Vienna's luxury hotels", says Lonely Planet
- It has an excellent location on the Ringstrasse
- Home to the legendary Vienesse guglhupf cake
- New spa offering treatments using wine, chocolate and truffles
"It's a honey" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Overview"The first of Vienna's luxury hotels" (Lonely Planet), Grand Hotel Wien is a revived Belle Epoque hotel that turns heads with its outstanding location on the Ringstrasse, a traditional atmosphere and first-class service. Plus there's a new spa and fitness suite (open 6am-10pm) on the 6th floor for traditional massages and treatments using wine, chocolate and truffles.
The hotel is strong on gastronomy -- sample its legendary guglhupf cake at the Grand Café or tuck into sushi and sashimi at the slick Japanese bar, which has a sake menu and Ashahi beer on tap.
Up on the seventh floor there are two further dining options, each with superb city views. For French fine dining, try Le Ciel, and Japanese restaurant Unkai serves a traditional Kaiseki (multi-course) menu that changes monthly. Make sure you pop into Drings for a drink during your stay -- the popular bar has 30 different types of vodka and cocktail recommendations for him and her.
The structure might date back to 1870, but the interiors effortlessly mix the old and new. The rooms are traditional, with antiques and heritage wallpaper. Premium rooms and suites have additional space, separate living spaces and even more luxurious furnishings, such as silk wall hangings and fireplaces. Some rooms face the peaceful inner courtyard but most overlook the city's streets.
- "Only a block from the Wiener Staatsoper, it's a honey" -- Frommer's
- "Now the Grand accommodates the latest in modern facilities while still exuding plenty of its original charm" -- Lonely Planet
- "With one of the great locations on the Ringstrasse... the Grand Hotel Wien has risen to new splendor" -- Fodor's
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 2pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Austria. This property is rated 5 star and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 36 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.