$130 – San Diego Hotel w/Breakfast
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
A quick drive from San Diego sites like SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and Old Town, this hotel is offering more than 50% off regular rates and is a great budget- and family-friendly pick.
- Check in to a Traditional room through May 30:
- $130 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- $169 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays
- Daily full American breakfast for two (US$36 value)
- Discounted self-parking (US$5 plus tax, per day; reg. US$15)
- Complimentary room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Refundable price; book now and cancel up to 48 hours prior to arrival
- Pet-friendly on request; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Rooms come with free Wi-Fi and were renovated in 2018
- Warm and friendly service is a staple at this fourth-generation family-owned boutique
- The property boasts one of the biggest outdoor heated pools in the Mission Valley
- Free courtesy shuttle to SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and other spots within 5 kilometres (3 miles)
With a family-owned history that spans four generations and over half a century, the Handlery Hotel specializes in friendly service. A moderate price tag and an easy-to-reach locale add to the appeal.
The boutique hotel is set in the north part of town in the Mission Valley neighbourhood, so guests can hop on the highway and be at most of the city’s top attractions — SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, the Fashion Valley Mall and the Gaslamp District — in 15 minutes flat. Parking is safe and secure and half the price of downtown hotels, plus there’s a convenient complimentary shuttle that treks to Old Town and spots within 5 kilometres (3 miles).
Guest rooms — all renovated in 2018 — are traditional with modern touches like free Wi-Fi and ergonomic work desks. Just beyond the sleeping quarters sits the centerpiece of the property — a huge outdoor heated pool and hot tub with plenty of chaises for year-round lounging plus seasonal snacks and beverages from the poolside Reef Lounge. Upgraded Premier rooms offer the best views and quickest access to the pool. The pool area closes at 10 p.m. but can be noisy during the day.
After a dip, head to the 950 Lounge for happy hour cocktails on Mondays-Thursdays, and jazz nights every Friday where staff menu picks like panko-crusted portebello mushroom fries are served in casual SoCal style. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at Postcards, which specializes in American bistro cuisine.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed allowed in Traditional King and Premier King rooms only.
Extra bedding available upon request: US$10 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$10 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed allowed in Traditional King and Premier King rooms only.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at US$250 plus tax per pet per stay. One dog allowed, the Handlery Hotel requires prior notice of pet-friendly room.
Maximum weight: 20 pounds.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of US$25 plus tax, per night will be charged upon arrival.
The $250 deposit is refundable if there is no damage.
One dog allowed, the Handlery Hotel requires prior notice of pet-friendly room.
Car park fee: US$15 plus tax per night.
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal" , Travelzoo members are eligible for: reduced parking rate.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Complimentary shuttle service is offered to the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, Fashion Valley Mall and Old Town. Shuttle service is also offered businesses, attractions and restaurants within a five-mile radius of the hotel, based on availability. Complimentary Shuttle Service does not go to or from the airport and has limited hours. Please check with the hotel for current hours of operation.
$130 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(381 Member Ratings)